Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps - That was hockey.... allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember a few things folks before mods have to step in:

1) You have the ability to ignore users/threads. It's the easiest most under-used tool here.

2) You have the ability to report posts. If a post breaks the rules, report it.

Reactions: TaLoN

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dat saucer pass by CDS though!

200w.gif

I like that he says "I was just trying to get it to him." Like naaah bro. You can throw some swag on that. That was a freaking A+ 10/10 pass. That was so beautiful.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Who starts in net on Friday against the Rags? Did DeSmith play well enough to start next game?

Sv% .84 tonight

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Who starts in net on Friday against the Rags? Did DeSmith play well enough to start next game?

Sv% 84 tonight

I can see it go both ways. I imagine DeSmith was almost pulled but bounced back.

From Sunday we play 4 games a week for 3 weeks so there will be some splitting of games.

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
I can see it go both ways. I imagine DeSmith was almost pulled but bounced back.

From Sunday we play 4 games a week for 3 weeks so there will be some splitting of games.

For this team to make a run, they are going to have to hope that Jarry is the guy. He is far more talented.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Yea it’s a tough call. He clearly deserved the start tonight but I’m torn about Friday.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Anyone who painfully wants to watch it back, I would recommend watching our layers. Our forwards get FAR too caught in deep and are always in a straight line. That is so easy to beat w/ 1 chip. Nobody is rotating in/out. Nobody cuts, then funnels. Nobody follows. A lot of standing, watching, reacting.

In a not particularly congruent way, it reminded me of watching them pummel the Flames 9-1 from good seats. The score was great, but, as I believe @KIRK likes to put it, most of the game they looked like monkeys humping a football, It was just EVERY shot they had went in, and that luck ain't there right now. They shouldn't have won that game, and the rest went to complete shit not long after. There was a push around the holidays that showed spark, we got McCann (hi, you ok bud?) but ultimately Hags for Pearson for Gustafson did...what? Give hope down the line that fizzled quickly?

Two steps of three are easier to make than others, and one easiest of all.

The easiest piece to cut loose is Sully, with a few games in hand to see where the roster really lies, what hope is there to mesh.

Work from there with what you can.

Rust...I hope finds something like his form of last season, but wasn't he shooting a ton above average last season? Try to get back up there, my dude, I believe in you.

Try also to do nothing from this game that didn't work going forward. Just...in the interest of not dying.

Reactions: ColePens and KIRK

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yea it’s a tough call. He clearly deserved the start tonight but I’m torn about Friday.

Yeah I’m not sure there is a right or wrong answer until after the fact.

Let’s just hope whoever is in the skaters in front don’t have those big brain farts.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
For this team to make a run, they are going to have to hope that Jarry is the guy. He is far more talented.

Im sure he his. I was pretty confident in him before the season. The skaters have been so weird so far. Some of the analytical charts show it too. Players are all over the map.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Remember a few things folks before mods have to step in:

1) You have the ability to ignore users/threads. It's the easiest most under-used tool here.

2) You have the ability to report posts. If a post breaks the rules, report it.

It doesn't stop the posts by other posters replying though. So you have to sit there and scroll through posts with people apparently arguing randomly with ghosts.

Terms and Conditions #2,3,4&7. Not hard to follow. This is not the first time.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Well, they won. Which is cool. But seemed really bad (could only listen to parts).

Trying to think of positives. Sounds like Geno was better. And dude, Sceviour has 2 goals. Figured that's what he'd net all year.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It doesn't stop the posts by other posters replying though. So you have to sit there and scroll through posts with people apparently arguing randomly with ghosts.

Terms and Conditions #2,3,4&7. Not hard to follow. This is not the first time.

So point out a rule broken by breaking a rule... got it. If you have anything further you want to discuss, you can private message me. Please do not open a moderation discussion in a thread about a PGT. This ends right here. I am free and willing to discuss anything in private messages.

Ignore the user. Period.

** If you see a post that violates any of the above rules, use the report post feature. Using this can bring it to the attention of all active moderators and it will be addressed as quickly as possible. Once a post is reported, leave it alone and let the mods do their job. Do not respond to the post, tell the poster they were reported, or chide people for violating the rules.

Reactions: TaLoN

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well, they won. Which is cool. But seemed really bad (could only listen to parts).

Trying to think of positives. Sounds like Geno was better. And dude, Sceviour has 2 goals. Figured that's what he'd net all year.

Without a shadow of doubt, some guys stepped up in the 3rd. Geno wasn't perfect in the 3rd, but he stepped up. Sid seemed to look more engaged. Their attention to defensive awareness was downright awful. I cannot stress it enough. The errors made on the defensive side are not due to complexity of a scheme. These errors are directly related to flat out work ethic. That is something I cannot believe i'm saying. It's piss poor lazy f***ing work ethic. Some of it is because they need a new voice, as proven so many times in this era. Some of it is because Sully really needs to understand his team better. So part of it is schematic. But Sid/Geno/Rust tonight were PATHETIC when it came to defensive awareness. And Letang/Dumo as well. The Pens would look like a decent playoff team if they only fixed that. If they adjusted movement on the PP, similar to what you saw with out PP2 unit, then we become a top half playoff team. If the team f***ing all bought in and supported one another all over the ice, the schematic adjustments were made, and the team stayed healthy... then we would be a top 25% team with a chance to win Lord Stanley.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

CDS looked like a bona-fide backup tonight. Bad shots went in...to his credit he played better late and the assist.

I probably go with Jarry. We will need him to get going and for the team to start playing any semblance of team defense.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
+++++ We sucked slightly less than the Caps did.

---- There's still so much structurally wrong with the club.

----------- Sullivan's usage of Kapanen/Rodrigues. I get it, we won. But my God I can't believe he kept Rodrigues on that top line even when Kapanen was flying. No surprise that it took 3on3 hockey, without Rodrigues, for Crosby/Guentzel to do some damage.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Im reality, this was probably about the worst game they’ve played so far. The other games were a bad period or so every game, but this one was pretty ugly.

Someone needs to tell coach that Kasperi Kapanen is still on the right side of 20 and not on the wrong side of 30. That was ridiculous playing him on the 4th line when the top-6 is hurting for offense.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad