GDT: Pens @ Caps - 3/10/14 7 PM

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
Chimera on tempering Kuznetsov expectations: “It’s not like we traded for Wayne Gretzky in his prime." #Caps

I swear these Capitals Canadians are ****ing Pejorative Slured. Hes your teammate, say something ****ing nice about him, stop being a ******.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Dare I think Ovi will protect Nets as well as Wilson. Heck, Ovi need not even see a dirty hit to go into protective big brother mode. Just a hit is enough.

Its a damn shame Ovi is the only player on our team that looks out for guys in a clean / hits back twice as hard way, and its a damn shame Wilson is the only guy on the roster that actually tries to consistently truck the peons.

All the other guys just take their lumps and hope the hitting stops.

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Dare I think Ovi will protect Nets as well as Wilson. Heck, Ovi need not even see a dirty hit to go into protective big brother mode.

Its a damn shame Ovi is the only player on our team that looks out for guys in a clean / hits back twice as hard way, and its a damn shame Wilson is the only guy on the roster that actually tries to consistently truck the peons.

Really, I think the likes of Brouwer/Fehr/Ward and Chimera are not afraid of throwing the body around. With Oleksy in Hershey we don't have anyone along the blue line that'll do it though.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
:laugh:

Please stop hitting us?!

Sad_Cat_main-425x283.jpg

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think there's been way too much starry-eyed anticipation for this kid to come over and save the team. I hope he does well but if you were thinking he'd step right in on the 1st line and singlehandedly blowout the Pens 5-0 while giving Crosby a triple-concussion, you're going to be disappointed.

I think it's been widely discussed here already what this team needs to be competitive again and how far they exactly are.

Any forward in the world is not going to solve this mess, that's for sure.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
In other words, GMs in Boca Raton to mostly play golf and pretend to discuss the same exact topics they do every time they have these meetings, coaches challenge and video review.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I will take highly rated top russian hockey prospects relegated to 4th line duty, for a dollar.

robocop_dollar.png

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Really, I think the likes of Brouwer/Fehr/Ward and Chimera are not afraid of throwing the body around. With Oleksy in Hershey we don't have anyone along the blue line that'll do it though.

Scratching Ward off that list, they do hit. But never a hit to make a youtube montage, and never a hit in retaliation to a big hit on one of our pups.

But your point stands, they do offer up basic protections.

Although Oleksy did throw a few big hits, one on boston's chief punk Thornton comes to mind.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I realize it's game #1. I'm not completely upset if he's there for a game or two.

But if it's game 5-6, and he's still getting 6 minutes, then why would he even want to come back?

From what we've seen, Adam Oates' vaunted system isn't really that complicated.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
hits

Scratching Ward off that list, they do hit. But never a hit to make a youtube montage, and never a hit in retaliation to a big hit on one of our pups.

Although Oleksy did throw a few big hits, one on boston's chief punk Thornton comes to mind.

just because you don't put someone in the hospital does not mean it's not a hit. just separate the puck carrier from the puck is a hit.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
if you were thinking he'd step right in on the 1st line and singlehandedly blowout the Pens 5-0 while giving Crosby a triple-concussion, you're going to be disappointed

Double concussion?

No?

Okay, I will settle for #92 not sustaining a year-ending knee or shoulder injury tonight. Yes, it's a bummer that a skill guy starts out on 4th line and likely gets 5-7 minutes. On the other hand, with Grabo out, and with Laich treading water, injury-wise, #92 has actually picked a good time to crack the line-up. Hopefully his ice time increases enough that he gets an actual chance to show his skill. As a former skill guy himself, you'd think Oates would at least be curious to see what this kid can do.

To me, the re-emergence of Brouwer and Laich has been the key story of late. If it continues, and if Halak plays well, then we have a chance to make playoffs ('So you're saying there's a chance!'). Otherwise, it'll be back to 1981 when my Caps rooting interest devolved to whether Maruk would score 60 goals. I'll just be rooting for Ovie to score and for Pens to get jacked in 1st round.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
kuzya has to be eased in but penner doesnt?

its a joke to stick him with the no talent grinders

Oates is smarter then everyone doesnt his 10th place in the east with the easiest scheudle to date show that.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

And let's not forget Mike Green, he may not hit but he embraces.:shakehead

But I hear you, we do need someone to "Steckel tonight".

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I realize it's game #1. I'm not completely upset if he's there for a game or two.

But if it's game 5-6, and he's still getting 6 minutes, then why would he even want to come back?

From what we've seen, Adam Oates' vaunted system isn't really that complicated.

It would really suck if a coach who better get the ****ing boot this summer ruined our chance at Kuz.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
kuzya has to be eased in but penner doesnt?

its a joke to stick him with the no talent grinders

Oates is smarter then everyone doesnt his 10th place in the east with the easiest scheudle to date show that.

Are you SERIOUS with this comment? Please tell me you're joking.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Pens fan here. I'm actually excited to see Kuznetsov. The more explosive players in the league, the better. It'll probably take about a minute of ice time for me to hate him though. ;)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
just because you don't put someone in the hospital does not mean it's not a hit. just separate the puck carrier from the puck is a hit.

We are not talking about dislodging the puck, the lame NHL definition of a hit.

We are talking about protection WRT linemates for our prized Russian prospects first game.

And which players we can have him on the ice with, that may deter a Pen from hurting him.

From all reports, he is injury prone and thus fragile so its a valid discussion, I think.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
He'll be on the 4th line for like 5-6 games, not produce because he's playing with **** and then get scratched for the rest of the season.

Because Oates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad