GDT: Pens @ Caps - 3/10/14 7 PM

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yeah, not unexpected, and having 2 big guys, including 2nd best fighter on a roster, with Kuznetsov may help to adapt, especially against ****sburgh. Also, who knows how the game goes. But Oates is still an idiot.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Well you know...........I'm not so disgruntled with who he is playing with on the 4th line as much as it may be an indicator of the amount of minutes he'll get - that may be very disgruntling.

But Kuz with Beagle and a guy that will beat the snot out of someone isn't much worse than being on a line with Brouwer and Johansson.

Let the kid get comfy. IDK

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
Braden Holtby's career GAA/SV% v. PIT: 4.38/.874. Halak v. PIT: 2.17/.916. #Caps

Holtby is starting, so no point in looking at these stats and thinking that Oates will make the correct choice.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Meh. Given the situation I don't know that I have an issue with starting him out slowly the first game or two. Let him get his feet wet. If he's still there in 5 games then yea, commence b****ing operations.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Mike Vogel @VogsCaps
Jaroslav Halak will be in goal for the #Caps tonight vs the Penguins.

WHOA. Adam Oates finally makes a correct choice.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I don't know if Halak has even faced the Pens since the 2010 season. Halak went out of the conference. I'm sure the Pens haven't forgotten. LOL

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Did someone really expect him to be in anywhere else than the 4th line? I just hope this is similar as when Laich came back from injury. Start him there and once he gets in the game move him up.

Such a shame it isn't Latta between Kuz and Wilson.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Did someone really expect him to be in anywhere else than the 4th line? I just hope this is similar as when Laich came back from injury. Start him there and once he gets in the game move him up.

Such a shame it isn't Latta between Kuz and Wilson.

I think there's been way too much starry-eyed anticipation for this kid to come over and save the team. I hope he does well but if you were thinking he'd step right in on the 1st line and singlehandedly blowout the Pens 5-0 while giving Crosby a triple-concussion, you're going to be disappointed.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I dont really care too much who the line mates are....I'm more concerned with the actual ice time and being put in a position to help the team win. With the way Oates runs his forth line...I'm not expecting much in terms of him getting a chance to do anything worth a damn.

I guess I like that he's with Wilson...thats a plus...but Beagle? And 7 minutes? Meh.

My theme for this season...

It is what it is.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I dont really care too much who the line mates are....I'm more concerned with the actual ice time and being put in a position to help the team win. With the way Oates runs his forth line...I'm not expecting much in terms of him getting a chance to do anything worth a damn.

More important than any of the above is convincing him that he should come back in September.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I am not surprised they are sheltering a first game NHLer used to playing on Olympic sized ice in a different country with a different language being spoken in a completely different system while playing a different position. Did anyone realistically expect 18 minutes on Backy's wing in his first game with 1st unit PP time? He will get there, give him thirteen seconds to ******* acclimate.

Alznerator

Jan 17, 2014
I like that he's on a line with Wilson, pretty much the only guy on the team who will drop the gloves to protect his teammates. Agree that having Latta as the C on the line would be preferable, but I guess we gotta have Beagle in there for his... uh... footspeed?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Katie Carrera @kcarrera
Oates: “I think it makes sense to start him on that line no matter what in fairness to the other guys….he’s got to earn his stripes.”

This coach...

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Poor kid. I'm excited to see him play with the Caps, no doubt about that, but boy expectations are through the roof.
There isn't much difference from the expectation from that of Semin in my mind. Just come in...help the offense and do your thing....and show up each night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad