GDT: Pens @ Capitals - 11/20/2013 8 PM - Wednesday Night Pierre Ruining a Good Game

gogensgo

Mar 13, 2011
That second goal was a great shot. How was it soft?
It was a good shot but he was out of position again, losing his angles. He had improved on that a lot this year but the last few games it looks like it is creeping back in unfortunately.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Three power plays and six shots. Caps can't even handle the puck. Oh yeah Carlson does not qb the power play as well as Green.

Pretenders. You barely beat a quickly sinking Detroit team and catch the Blues on some awful scheduling now here we are.

Holtbeast is more like coltby right now as well.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Three power plays and six shots. Caps can't even handle the puck. Oh yeah Carlson does not qb the power play as well as Green.

Pretenders. You barely beat a quickly sinking Detroit team and catch the Blues on some awful scheduling now here we are.

I almost get the sense that Carlson is forcing it. The pp typically runs off the half wall. Carlson was holding and dishing far more than Green ever does from the rt point.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Pens are skating with speed tonight and the caps look like they are trying to play over their heads and match/exceed pens speed. I think the caps play a better game when they slow it down and let the play develop instead of forcing a speed game that isn't there.

That's the biggest flaw I see, outside of Holtby letting in a softy

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I almost get the sense that Carlson is forcing it. The pp typically runs off the half wall. Carlson was holding and dishing far more than Green ever does from the rt point.

I feel much better with him defensively on the ice and he has the better low hard slap shot. The pens pk is in their faces and well the caps just can't move the puck quick enough to beat them.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Amazing we have all that talent on the PP and Brouwer is the only one who could enter the zone with possession :shakehead

Gotta get one soon. Go caps go :handclap:

butters8814*

How many freaking rebounds can the pens get and start over. Can this team ever clear the zone.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
i still dont think the goals were soft. We were heavily out shot. One was a screen / deflection, the other the wing had speed stick handling, our LD out of position the RD scrambled over. The far side shot was perfectly placed for a wing flying down at full speed.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
i still dont think the goals were soft. We were heavily out shot. One was a screen / deflection, the other the wing had speed stick handling, our LD out of position the RD scrambled over. The far side shot was perfectly placed for a wing flying down at full speed.

Agree.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I agree completely, neither goal was a weak one that was let in. Obviously in an ideal world you'd like to see him save at least one of those, but both were very well executed and you can't take credit away from the Pens on them by saying they were soft goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad