Post-Game Talk: Pens can't beat McJesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Karlsson cost the Pens a 1st and Rutta who's really just a 3rd pairing defenseman. Most people here would have been happy to dump Petry, Granlund, and CDS for nothing. People were even talking about buying out Granlund or paying someone to take him. The Pens also received a 3rd in that deal and will probably be able to recoup more if/when they trade Karlsson in a couple of years. That's pretty good for a defenseman who's baseline is 60 points.

The thing that has blown up in their faces was giving Sullivan a 3 year extension 2 years before his existing deal was over when they hadn't won a playoff round in 4 years.

for me the 1st and the cap space EK takes up is the issue. I have not watched enough Pens games to comment on your coaching. .

With EK--I think if your guys retain 30 to 50% you could get back some assets to help start the rebuild. I was happy when the oilers did not get him because I watched enough SJ games to tell it was a PUMP AND DUMP move by then

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
sully not only lost the room, but he also lost the house the room was in.
I find it funny that like clockwork they've now turned on Dubas.

Dubas being too f***ing dumb to realize Sullivan is going to tank him is just hilarious. For a bloke that was called smart and what not, he didn't learn from the Pens previous 2 gms and is now a problem like they are because of the coach.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
for me the 1st and the cap space EK takes up is the issue. I have not watched enough Pens games to comment on your coaching. .

With EK--I think if your guys retain 30 to 50% you could get back some assets to help start the rebuild. I was happy when the oilers did not get him because I watched enough SJ games to tell it was a PUMP AND DUMP move by then
Not every blueliner can be as cap-efficient as Darnell Nurse, I reckon. ;)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Actually meant trade Carter. You'd think he'd like 1 more shot at the playoffs. And there's usually a sucker that would gobble up his "experience and leadership" especially at half off for a pittance of a 6th or 7th.
If you waive the aforementioned 3 and send them to WBS and send off Carter, Sully wouldn't have much choice but to utilize the call ups.
It's sad that a GM would have to do that though. To remove as many of these types so the coach by default has to use youth.

Reactions: Ulf5

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

How many defensemen score even 60 points a year? 10? A 1st for that is a great deal.

Cap hit might be a bit high for what they are getting, but so was Petry+Granlund+Rutta+CDS.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also... and I know this has already been commented on plenty but it's just so pathetic I can't help but bring it up again... if there is any truth to the team tucking their tails between their legs and preemptively going to Bryan Rust like he's f***ing Mike Bossy or some shit to tell him "Please don't fret your lordship... you're quite safe... as The Ultimate Penguin™ we would of course NEVER dare ask you to leave!!!" is just so wrongheaded and ridiculous that even from this gaggle of dim bulbs it's hard to believe.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

Attachments

• 1709581738947.png
    1709581738947.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
How many defensemen score even 60 points a year? 10? A 1st for that is a great deal.

Cap hit might be a bit high for what they are getting, but so was Petry+Granlund+Rutta+CDS.
EK isn't the problem. He hasn't been the full solution, but in the right environment, i bet he could be quite effective.

We nuking the roster yet? Throw Malkin on Sid’s wing to end the season.
Don't know why this hasn't been tried yet. Move the other Cs up and see what happens!

Don’t worry, McMuffin will flame out again in the playoffs.
Too bitter. It's not McDavid's fault that we can't win games. If we had gone 3-1 on the roadtrip and just got blown out by the Oilers, we really wouldn't be complaining that much. McDavid is pretty good honestly.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Too bitter. It's not McDavid's fault that we can't win games. If we had gone 3-1 on the roadtrip and just got blown out by the Oilers, we really wouldn't be complaining that much. McDavid is pretty good honestly.
not bitter, factual. He's the captain, he is responsible for leading. He can't even lead his team to a regular season division title.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
We nuking the roster yet? Throw Malkin on Sid’s wing to end the season.

Have wanted this for too long - both the former and the latter.

So sick of this roster prototype that's been rammed down our throats for five straight seasons. It sucks - it don't work.

Also want to see Geno stapled to Sid's wing. Not a shift, but sustained minutes and practice. Damn sure bet the house it'd get more points than that of F'n O'Connor, Rakell, and Smith combined. Those losers are where offense goes to die.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
not bitter, factual. He's the captain, he is responsible for leading. He can't even lead his team to a regular season division title.
I know it's factual, but just sounds bitter as you said it after us just getting blown out. Considering that his lack of playoff success has nothing to do with us losing that game.

You get what I mean?

Have wanted this for too long - both the former and the latter.

So sick of this roster prototype that's been rammed down our throats for five straight seasons. It sucks - it don't work.

Also want to see Geno stapled to Sid's wing. Not a shift, but sustained minutes and practice. Damn sure bet the house it'd get more points than that of F'n O'Connor, Rakell, and Smith combined. Those losers are where offense goes to die.
Totally agreed!!! Let Eller run line 2...I can see Sully salivating at that idea :D.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I know it's factual, but just sounds bitter as you said it after us just getting blown out. Considering that his lack of playoff success has nothing to do with us losing that game.

You get what I mean?
my criticism of McMuffin has nothing to do with that game. It goes back years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad