Post-Game Talk: pens cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Our 3rd line is finally getting some traction and posters here want to break it up to placate their favorite players line?

No thanks. Play Heinen on the second line and let him play out his funk. A straight line player would be good for #71.

Season ticket holder defending favorite coach's poor decision making once again.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I'll agree with he professional coach with two cups. You guys can have your own thoughts and ideas and unique way of being a fan of the game.

Whatever works.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll agree with he professional coach with two cups. You guys can have your own thoughts and ideas and unique way of being a fan of the game.

Whatever works.

I’m sure there is a meet and greet with the season ticket holders where you can share your thoughts.

Nobody is denying Sullivan isn’t a good coach. His time has just passed in terms of objectively viewing this roster. Despite that I could see him win another cup here if things break right.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Triple whammy really: defends coach, snide remark about #71 and trash posters on this site…95% of his comments include at least one of those things and often all three lol

What’s the difference between what I post and people who’s posts trashing Sullivan 95% of the time? Or zar? Or Simon? Or dumo? Or now Heinen?

As far as my posts concerning #71 it’s because this messageboard revolves around him. At the expense of the rest of the team alot of times. Thus breaking up line 3 for line 2.

I just hope everyone loves the team as much as I do. Logging on after a loss makes me question this.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
What’s the difference between what I post and people who’s posts trashing Sullivan 95% of the time? Or zar? Or Simon? Or dumo? Or now Heinen?

As far as my posts concerning #71 it’s because this messageboard revolves around him. At the expense of the rest of the team alot of times. Thus breaking up line 3 for line 2.

I just hope everyone loves the team as much as I do. Logging on after a loss makes me question this.
Bro pls. You know it's bad when Andy's had his fill of a user. He's like the board Dalai Lama towards posters.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Our 3rd line is finally getting some traction and posters here want to break it up to placate their favorite players line?

No thanks. Play Heinen on the second line and let him play out his funk. A straight line player would be good for #71.
lmfao i love the pretending to give even half a shit about what the carter and kapanen line does. well done on this one. we should all be kumbayaing over the third line of interchangeables, who cares about the third guy whose number will be retired on merit?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I thought we weren’t allowed to say honestly anymore.
You're free to say what you want man. Just don't expect me to reply to bait/troll posts from here...
captain-picard-the-line-must-be-drawn-here.gif

If you actually wanna discuss something without all the petty crap then my door is open.
If that's impossible, I'll be cutting ties for mental health purposes...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Despite that I could see him win another cup here if things break right.
This is what I don't get about your takes on Sullivan. If you think his approach is stale or that he's no longer the right fit, how is it possible that you can see this team win a cup under him?

To get the right breaks, you have to be in the right position over and over again. That happens by installing a system that fits the personnel and by properly motivating the players night in and night out.

So, either you believe Sullivan is a bad fit and the Pens can't win in the playoffs with him anymore. Or you're just salty about a few specific decisions he makes with personnel.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
As opposed to every GDT/PGT?

BEST TEAM EVER!

f***ING LOSERS!

WE'RE GOING STREAKING!!!

... LOSING STREAKING, THAT IS!!!
Right?

I dunno, I think coaching has been severely overrated on this board, to the point of people saying we won cups solely because of it and not the performance on the ice. On the other hand, really bad coaching does hurt a team, no question. I lived through the Eddie O years months, man I can tell you what bad coaching is. :laugh:

At the end of the day, coaching is one of many factors that go into a team's performance on the ice. You can have a bad coach and a successful team. You can have a mediocre coach and a great team. You can have an excellent coach and a team that doesn't listen or simply a bad team. Just like goaltending or defense, you can have great success with inferior components if the rest of the team can support it.

Last but not least, Sullivan being a good coach or bad coach is pretty irrelevant. What's important is whether or not the coach is the right coach for our situation at the moment. I don't think Sullivan is that coach, to be honest, but I also think the organization knows that and doesn't care. It's just fans who are playing themselves getting worked up about it.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
lmfao i love the pretending to give even half a shit about what the carter and kapanen line does. well done on this one. we should all be kumbayaing over the third line of interchangeables, who cares about the third guy whose number will be retired on merit?

I care about the third line. So uncool.

This board wants PGH to win and win only one way. Its very unique.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

ANd some people want to placate their favorite coach.

I'm a fan of the crest on the front. Not the suit behind the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad