Post-Game Talk: pens cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
We lost, though. That is the whole problem. :laugh:

Yeah after 7 wins. Everyone knows my feelings towards the posters here. I won't bring it up again but I'll say people should recognize how good the Pens fanbase has it.

The posts in this thread and others after a loss are embarrassing.

If someone paid money go see Sunday's game, I can understand the complaining for that one game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is what I don't get about your takes on Sullivan. If you think his approach is stale or that he's no longer the right fit, how is it possible that you can see this team win a cup under him?

To get the right breaks, you have to be in the right position over and over again. That happens by installing a system that fits the personnel and by properly motivating the players night in and night out.

So, either you believe Sullivan is a bad fit and the Pens can't win in the playoffs with him anymore. Or you're just salty about a few specific decisions he makes with personnel.

Why?

I don't think Carter, Kapanen or Blueger is "the right fit", but I think we can win a cup with them.

I didn't think Lovejoy or Maatta were the "right fit", but we won a cup with them.

I think Sullivan is a good coach who has become stubborn and doesn't view the team and young players with the same open mindedness as he did in 16 and 17. He plays favorites, relies overtly on veterans, and hasn't been forced into a situation where he has to play youth like he was in 15-16.

those things could easily change. HBK was formed due to injuries. Sheary was escalated into the top six due to lack of production. There are a lot of ways we could suddenly win a cup despite Sullivan.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Why?

I don't think Carter, Kapanen or Blueger is "the right fit", but I think we can win a cup with them.

I didn't think Lovejoy or Maatta were the "right fit", but we won a cup with them.

I think Sullivan is a good coach who has become stubborn and doesn't view the team and young players with the same open mindedness as he did in 16 and 17. He plays favorites, relies overtly on veterans, and hasn't been forced into a situation where he has to play youth like he was in 15-16.

those things could easily change. HBK was formed due to injuries. Sheary was escalated into the top six due to lack of production. There are a lot of ways we could suddenly win a cup despite Sullivan.
To put it another way, would people want Bylsma back? After all, he was a winning coach and we won a Cup with him, thus by the weird pro-coach logic, we can't criticize him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad