Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Bruins 11/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

Sill still playing huh? MJ reminds me more and more of DB each day.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So what I'm going to take from this is that the Pens either almost died in a fire or one of them spontaneously combusted.

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
The emergency signal just went off at TD Garden. It now appears the building will also be a game-time decision tonight.

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
The Garden is being evacuated and fire trucks have arrived

Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Everyone is returning to the building.

Michael8771*

i think it's ridiculous to care more about zach sill than the top six
Is that right? Good for you. I care about the entire team. And making an inane decision to play Sill after nearly 20 games of futility is absurd. And I did mention in an above post that I like the top three lines. Well, until a trade is made.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Wow Mike Johnston has made the exact line changes I was hoping he would. Kunitz down with Malkin, Horny up with Sid. Exactly what I wanted to see.

Comeau seems like the type of guy who could gel with Malkin too as he's a right handed shot with grit. Malkin likes those types.

I'm pretty excited to see these lines.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
If they are going to keep Bennett and Sutter together at least try this instead

Spaling-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Megna
Bennett-Sutter-Downie
Adams-Goc-Comeau

OR

Megna-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Spaling
Bennett-Sutter-Downie
Adams-Goc-Comeau

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's refreshing to have a coach who will make actual significant line changes when things aren't going well. Kunitz off of Sid's line for the first time in forever.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Zach Sill stayed on the ice for extra work. Suggests Jayson Megna might play tonight.

!!!!!!!!

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 12s12 seconds ago
Zach Sill stayed on the ice for extra work. Suggests Jayson Megna might play tonight.

penguins2946*

Hell yeah no Sill tonight maybe. A step in the right direction.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
1) What has Spaling done to earn a cemented top-6 spot?
2) What have Adams and Scuderi done to earn cemented spots?
3) What does Beau Bennett have to do to earn a promotion?
4) Why is the comfort and success of Sutter paramount to the comfort and success of Crosby and Malkin?

Great that MJ is willing to change things up, but he's still making so many of the same mistakes that Bylsma made.

1) Well there's kinda nobody else to try there right now except for Beau..
2) There's no real defense for this but I would point out that literally any NHL coach we might have would be playing those two because they're long time Pens vets and that's how NHL coaches operate. We can hate it all we want, but that's just the way it is.
3) I don't think it's that he hasn't earned it so much as that Johnston prefers having a strong third line. We can debate whether or not that's what should be done. But I don't think Johnston is keeping Beau off the top six because he doesn't think he can handle it - I just think he likes the three strong lines thing.
4) See #3. Again I don't think it's about earned or not earned or keeping Sutter happy or Sid happy. I just think Johnston wants three strong lines to be able to run. Is it the right idea? Dunno. But that's his thinking. It's not a Bylsma/Despres thing where Beau is playing well but not getting time because Johnston hates him. I don't think it's that at all.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Oh man Megna playing would be great. Poor Marcel Goc busts his ass night after night winning draws and playing strong two-way hockey but he has nobody to play with.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Johnston's 2 for 2 on changes today. Well, maybe 1.5 for 2. Would have preferred to get a look at Farnham on an NHL fourth line, but at least Megna's fast, which is one more thing than Sill has been contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad