Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Bruins 11/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Jason Mackey @Mackey_Trib
Hornqvist Crosby and Spaling ... Comeau, Malkin and Kunitz.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
are you serious? has christmas come early???

all the props in the world to johnston if this is true

penguins2946*

Holy **** they're splitting up Kunitz and Crosby? THERE IS A GOD!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
genuinely never considered this as a serious possibility. swapping both their wings? that sounds like fantasy **** after five years of bylsma

Needs moar BeauBeau

baby steps. comeau is in the perfect spot to get supplanted

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Legend. MJ. You're a legend.

Still don't like Spaling in the top 6 though.
But i don't mind keeping the 3rd line together so i can deal right now.

penguins2946*

Spaling-Crosby-Hornqvist actually is a line that could work. Both Spaling and Horny play a game that would mesh well with Sid, and it sets it up perfectly for when the Pens get Perron to bump Spaling to the bottom-6 ;)

Still, I'm pissed about Sill being in over Megna. Sill is utter garbage.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Spaling and Comeau in the top 6 is painful. JR should be locked into his office and not let out until he's traded for at least one top6 forward. He should be all over the oilers fire sale.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
#Pens switching up their lines at morning skate: Spaling-Crosby-Hornqvist, Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau, Downie-Sutter-Bennett, Sill-Goc-Adams.

No Megna, tho... D stays the same.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Glad they finally separated Kunitz from Crosby, but Comeau needs to be in the bottom 6.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
1) What has Spaling done to earn a cemented top-6 spot?
2) What have Adams and Scuderi done to earn cemented spots?
3) What does Beau Bennett have to do to earn a promotion?
4) Why is the comfort and success of Sutter paramount to the comfort and success of Crosby and Malkin?

Great that MJ is willing to change things up, but he's still making so many of the same mistakes that Bylsma made.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Send Megs back down. Let him play friggin' hockey.

Yes. They did the same thing with Harrington, keep them in WBS if you're going to refuse to play them. I can't believe they won't sit one of Adams or Sill after the weekend happened.

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Defense pairings:
Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Maatta
Scuderi-Despres-Bortuzzo

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
4) Why is the comfort and success of Sutter paramount to the comfort and success of Crosby and Malkin?

Great that MJ is willing to change things up, but he's still making so many of the same mistakes that Bylsma made.

Well he did finally break up Kunitz and Crosby. Baby steps. But I do agree, right now the Penguins don't have the depth at forward to keep Bennett on the 3rd line.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Spaling/Hornqvist is maybe still about the NSH connection? Dunno, Johnston and his pairs...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
5) I also don't think Kunitz going to Malkin's line is going to help anything. Malkin is every bit as susceptible to lazy players as Crosby is. Kunitz should see the press box for a game or two, not Malkin's line.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007

#1 Name a better top-six option on the team that doesn't come from the third line.
#2 Adams and Scuderi are playing fine.
#3 He's earned a promotion; they're just letting him develop.
#4 It's not; if the coach didn't care about Crosby and Malkin, he wouldn't be changing things up. I'm quite alright with the fact that Johnston wants to find a different solution before robbing Peter to pay Paul.
5) I also don't think Kunitz going to Malkin's line is going to help anything. Malkin is every bit as susceptible to lazy players as Crosby is. Kunitz should see the press box for a game or two, not Malkin's line.
#5 Kunitz should see the third line with a Downie / Bennett promotion, not the press box. Would you rather see him benched or Sill?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad