Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
This team would be fondling lottery balls if it wasn't for Sid.

Blazing Saddles Gif

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
5 Minutes to go in a 2-2 Game & Letang is behind the Canadiens net, This is what I talk about, No new HC is going to stop that Happy Horseshit

423005215_405990115135774_6205055577671409885_n.jpg

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Not sure what to take from it. On one hand, it´s nice to win in a 2nd of a B2B. On the other hand, it was a home game against Montreal and really it looked like two equally matched teams playing against each other... Pens are not playing very well now. It´s just everyone else in the Metro sucks.

We can stay ahead of Flyers, Caps, Isles imo. It´s gonna come down to Pens vs Devils for that 3rd place. With Tampa and Detroit getting two wildcard spots. Not a lot of room to squeeze in there. But we are getting a ton of scoreboard help lately. A lot.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The Pens are Sid and two goalies. It was enough tonight but it's not a recipe for success.

Do you think Guentzel is a part of Sid’s succes? I do. Taking nothing away from 87’s excellent ES season, it matters greatly that there is a guy who can convert his passes, set him up and individually make plays.

Ultimately, we are not a bad team ES. Even L2 is a plus, though barely.

The atrocity that is our 31st ranked PP skews everything.

Big up to my fellow Dane, Lars! First Danish player to get to 1K in the NHL. And with a goal to boot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do you think Guentzel is a part of Sid’s succes? I do. Taking nothing away from 87’s excellent ES season, it matters greatly that there is a guy who can convert his passes, set him up and individually make plays.

Big up to my fellow Dane, Lars! First Danish player to get to 1K in the NHL. And with a goal to boot.

Jake is a massive part of Sid's production. For blokes to watch these games and ignore how much Sid relies on Jake to help him create and still act like he's somehow manifesting support for himself are idiots.

Sid can't generate offense like he used to but even with elite talent that he and Geno have, they still produce but require a better supporting cast. One gets it, the other doesn't and gets shit on like he's supposed to make it work because in their pea brained idiot minds they think Crosby is doing it all by his lonesome.

Jake is massive to Sid's production and vice versa. It's why Sullivan being so ignorant to Malkin's struggles while that's in plain view is beyond f***ing frustrating. A coach needs to see it and not throw more grinders on his line but someone that has offensive skill and has shown chemistry with Geno - like Puustinen.

Like I said if Sullivan is horned out with White on the second line then move Geno to wing, which is why he has more jump in this game, then throw White as the C and Puustinen on the RW. Let Rakell build momentum on the third line with Eller and Doc. Puustinen has been doing the right things with the dumbest minutes given to him and still keeps getting punished.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well, the Isles got another loser point, so they are at 52 points and 4th in the Metro, and we’re one point back and 5th….though tied in points with Caps, NJD

Wings won so they have 57 points compared to 56 for the Flyers…as I said before, our best chance now appears to be the Metro…we’re 4 points out of third place there (not that I see us ever beating Canes or Rags in a 7 game series lol)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens are pretty clearly the 3rd best team in the Metro w/ the Devils being injured asf this year, if they can get their heads out of their asses on the powerplay.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Don't be fooled! this doesn't mean anything good in the scheme of things.

Pens are pretty clearly the 3rd best team in the Metro w/ the Devils being injured asf this year, if they can get their heads out of their asses on the powerplay.
Aren't going anywhere. They were all out to beat a bad team tonight without their best player. Don't get your hopes up, please!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
petterson has 20 goals in him. move him
to forward

He had a big streak earlier in the season getting multiple grade A chances every game and missing the net. Wonder if he's been working at it.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

Yes, Jake is a huge part of Sid's success.

What drives me nuts is that we're a top-10 team in basically everything outside of the PP and finishing:
7th in xGoals
8th in Goal differential
6th in goals saved above expected
9th in PDO
8th in high danger shots for
24th in high danger shots against

23rd in Goals all situation above expected
31st in PP goals above expected

On paper, Dubi improves the team in almost every area but it's not working. That's all on coaching.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Trade Jake KYLE! Do what's best for the long term viability of the team.

I have developed extraordinarily low expectations but if they trade Jake before firing Sully, I will still blow up.
Of course, this would be topped by the more likely absurdity of seeing Jake walk and Sully stay :D .

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Will be nice to get Smith back, if he's ready to go Feb. 6.
Harkins, White > < Poulin, Nylander (or Hinostroza) imo.

Gotta attempt to do something about depth scoring. Asking too much from Sid and the goalies atm.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Impressively short of (much) needed caveats, this.

I just feel like there is something with this group that if it eventually clicks could eek out a couple series wins.

Not betting on it. But the flashes are there similar to 20-21 and 21-22. Ultimately probably ends in tragedy though.

I wonder if Dubas swings hard for someone like Lindholm and signs him to prolong the window with Sid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There are times I'm like "Oh shit Sullivan is doing the stuff I criticized him for not doing" and then he reverts back. I just don't get why he can't commit. It's like he's annoyed when "his plan" doesn't work and he has to change it and then immediately goes back to it when he can.

It's like does he even want to succeed and adapt or is he that stubborn and pig headed that he feels his method is perfectly fine and it's the roster that's the problem.

Pens had a strong last 10mins but most of this game a rookie at coaching was taking to Sullivan, then the weaker roster loses in this case (twice) as it should and it's forgotten that the Habs were the better team for most of this game. You can't even say suck all that much because they were only a couple pts behind. That's more embarrassing than anything and Dubas should be embarrassed this team is sitting there at the moment.

This team is better than this. But this coach will never let us see it as it interfers with how he wants it to work.

@AuroraBorealis, I wanted to say you were right about Garland.
About what in regards to Garland?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Much needed win but how they got it doesn't make me feel like they'll go on a run. This could just delay the inevitable.

The Pens are Sid and two goalies. It was enough tonight but it's not a recipe for success.
Agreed. 3 of 4 pts but in both games it took late 3rd period equalizers. Could have easily have no points to show for it.

At the end of the day, it's just like last year. We will jsut miss in the final 2 weeks, at best we're a 500 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad