Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Avs | Digital Adventure | 6:00 PM MST | Sunday April 6th

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So according to Twitter if we go 4-0 and the Blues go 2-2, we clinch the division? Too bad we got games coming up with Jiggy and Berra in net. Berra against SJ... Sheesh.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
So according to Twitter if we go 4-0 and the Blues go 2-2, we clinch the division? Too bad we got games coming up with Jiggy and Berra in net. Berra against SJ... Sheesh.
We win, clinch means secure with time remaining, but yes, we will have most wins for tiebraker

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Such a trap game. Day after emotional SO win against a team coming off of a SO. The AHL team doesn't even mean anything, those kids are the ones who care enough to play hard. Happens all the time. Moser had some crazy stat like the Pens win 75% of the games Malkin and Crosby both miss.

Just sucks that it leaves a bad taste after an amazing week. But to battle back and get a point is nice. The SO is basically a coin flip. Gotta get at least one goal in it. I understand riding the hot hand of Barrie and Landy but I'd go back to those with better career numbers next time.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I don't know if its been said but that move by Jussi was borderline pretty cheap. He was almost going parallel with the blue line, really not fair for the goalie.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Can they just get Mitchell off the top 2 lines and PP? He clearly is better when he's sheltered a bit and Talbot would be a good fit for a few games until we have PAP back.

Roy said after the game that they're going to rest some players down the stretch here. Makes sense.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Holden somehow gets a random point as a reward for playing such a terrible game. :laugh:

Loved the determination to get back in, but effort wasn't there. Overall not too mad because we beat a much better team yesterday.

Would have loved to beat these jokes and bandwagoners though. :(
Holden is absurdly productive for someone so terrible.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looking at the upcoming week, Chicago doesn't play until Wednesday so the earliest they can pass us is Friday, which will be our third game of the week. I don't see the Avs sitting that one unless they clinch over Chicago before then. Sunday vs Anaheim, they will be on the second of a back to back so I doubt many from either team play that one.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Roy said Avs are thinking of resting their top guys the last couple of games too. Like the Pens did tonight.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I can see us as number two easily.. I dont think we are in the right place for players injuries etc to try to take number one away from Blues, and they would have to really fall off their games....

Too bad it would be nice to face dallas or mini while blues played hawks..
So, Tiger, you are using SO as Shut out and shootout! my brain hurts! lol

I actually felt pretty good about this game.... coming back and all, we certainly did everything but score against this reduced pens team...

So, we win one two or three, blues win a few chico wins and it stays the same... tough odds for any one of these top three to move.. but POSSIBLE

Im actually still riding the high from the Blues game on Sat... I think sitting staz and andy a few games and maybe ROR would be a good idea if we are satisfied with the number 2 spot...
Any news on PAP other than he skated?
I would love to see Duchy and Pap back... no news is not always welcome

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That poor second period and the PP really hurt us tonight.

Benoit and Mitchell are just bad on the PP. That new play they've been using with MacKinnon down low didn't work at all. Stastny got him the puck but MacKinnon couldn't get it through to the guy in the slot. It was either a turnover or tipped every time.

Watching Mitchell carry the puck, force guys offiside, wait too long to pass the puck, or turn it over just inside the blueline literally makes me want to :banghead:

Such a frustrating player to watch. He pretty much has to score every game for me not to hate his re-signing. I simply can't fathom why he approaches his puck possession game the way he does.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Great game. The Pepsi Center was rocking. It wasn't even real quiet when the Avs went down by two.

Both goalies stood on their heads tonight. And to see MacKinnon's speed in person was crazy!!! Tv doesn't do it justice. The tv doesn't do Bordy hitting folks justice either, he can straight bring the hammer!!!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Watching Mitchell carry the puck, force guys offiside, wait too long to pass the puck, or turn it over just inside the blueline literally makes me want to :banghead:

Such a frustrating player to watch. He pretty much has to score every game for me not to hate his re-signing. I simply can't fathom why he approaches his puck possession game the way he does.

The most frustrating part is that he can't change his game when put in a top six role or on the PP. Sure he's being put in a position that doesn't really suit his skill set but he should realize that the guys he's playing with are pretty good. Pass the puck to them, play off of them, and don't take a good 10-15 seconds to make a decision. Quick passes and then try to get open.

Even though it still annoys me a bit, I can deal with him being "Malkin" in the bottom six with the less skilled players. At times him having the puck on his stick and skating around in the offensive zone is the best thing for the team, even if it results in nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad