Post-Game Talk: Pens at Sens: Stop talking in the GDT you Cookes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

It's great that Karlsson will return to the lineup next week, but the only problem is that the sens will be playing golf by then.

#GoJets

Penguinzilla*

Iginla and Kunitz seem to have some great chemistry. I hope Bylsma isn't afraid to slap Crosby on that line, and keep Dupuis on another line. Nothing against Dupuis, he's been great all year, but an ICKy line (see what I did there?) would be incredible.

Bortuzzo is sooooooooo bad. OMG. He plays like he's drunk or something.

Hattrick Swayzie*

It's great that Karlsson will return to the lineup next week, but the only problem is that the sens will be playing golf by then.

#GoJets

The Jets have no business being in the playoffs with that goal differential.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If Neal's charge had made any contact to the head Despres wouldn't have gotten up.

Hattrick Swayzie*

Not enough is being made of Neil ducking Big Mac. If he was looking to fight... well there you go buddy.

I'm not sure who stays and who goes long term but I would love to see a left side of Kunitz, Morrow, Cooke and Jokinen.

I'm really hoping that Sid or Malkin can get in the line up these last few games. Chemistry is going to need to be built up again.

Why should Neil fight some talentless goon? He only wanted to fight Cooke, Cooke said no, so that was that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Iginla and Kunitz seem to have some great chemistry. I hope Bylsma isn't afraid to slap Crosby on that line, and keep Dupuis on another line. Nothing against Dupuis, he's been great all year, but an ICKy line (see what I did there?) would be incredible.

Bortuzzo is sooooooooo bad. OMG. He plays like he's drunk or something.

Bortuzzo is so bad as in not good at hockey or badass? He actually played really well last night IMO. He prevented an almost for sure goal and was really solid defensively. He certainly isn't graceful, but he is big, smart, can move the puck and skate fairly well, and brings some physicality. He's going to be good.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why should Neil fight some talentless goon? He only wanted to fight Cooke, Cooke said no, so that was that.

Why should Cooke fight Neil? I don't think Neil should have to fight Big Mac, but if you run around acting all tough and trying to start **** with guys you're tougher than, quit being a ***** when our tough guys come calling.

thecastov

Apr 22, 2013
I'm gonna chime is an an Ottawa fan who is also a huge Pens fan:

Awful refereeing
Couldn't agree more, but that wasn't so much a factor in this. special teams on both sides didn't really step up, although there were some nice chances.

+Morrow. What else can be said about this guy?
He's unreal. Love watching him play

+Iginla. I don't know about his legs, but his hands and brain haven't been affected by age.

It was the first time I've had a chance to see Iggy play in Ott and of course he showed up. Great hands and vision.

+Cooke. Good game, all-around. Psyched Weircoch into completely misplaying a dump because he thought Cooke was still the sort of monster who would end his career on that play. Maybe that guy needs to start watching some game tape from the last 24 months. Single-handedly turned a nothing play into a goal, did Weircoch.

See, this is what I was expecting. Go out and play your game straight up. Even Neil was a bit too hot-headed in this game, and it kind of showed people were uncomfortable with Cooke. Good on Bylsma to minimize his minutes it seemed, but he still got the job done and didn't focus on anything else but playing a good game.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Morrow is good....VERY good.

Anyone else on board with the idea of re-signing him for a couple more years if the price is right?

Remember Bill Guerin. He was great when he arrived here, then we re-signed him and he quickly faded away. Sure, Morrow wouldn't be asked to play with Sid so it wouldn't kill us if he was to regress, but still, I would be very very very careful.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Remember Bill Guerin. He was great when he arrived here, then we re-signed him and he quickly faded away. Sure, Morrow wouldn't be asked to play with Sid so it wouldn't kill us if he was to regress, but still, I would be very very very careful.

Keep in mind that Guerin was also 38 years old when we re-signed him and a shadow of the player he once was. Guerin was basically nothing more than a trigger man that brought little else in terms of intangibles aside from leadership and experience.

Morrow on the other hand is 34 and although he's slowed down (not that he was ever very fast to begin with) he still plays a gritty as hell game, is a beast in front of the net, and effective in all 3 zones. As a 3rd line winger the man is about as good as you can hope for, and I don't think he'd cost us a hell of a lot either.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Keep in mind that Guerin was also 38 years old when we re-signed him and a shadow of the player he once was. Guerin was basically nothing more than a trigger man that brought little else in terms of intangibles aside from leadership and experience.

Morrow on the other hand is 34 and although he's slowed down (not that he was ever very fast to begin with) he still plays a gritty as hell game, is a beast in front of the net, and effective in all 3 zones. As a 3rd line winger the man is about as good as you can hope for, and I don't think he'd cost us a hell of a lot either.

Good points. At the right price, I'm all for bringing him back... and Iggy too! But, I never said I would say that one day, not at the expense of Dupuis.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Good points. At the right price, I'm all for bringing him back... and Iggy too! But, I never said I would say that one day, not at the expense of Dupuis.

I'm all for bringing back Iggy for another 3 years at around 4.5 million per season MAX. When I think of him ripping one timers off of feeds from Sid for the next 3 years I get a little giddy, I won't lie.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is getting a little old guys. People are going to stop in, especially when emotions are high. Stop freaking responding to them. Mods take care of it when you report the post and completely ignore it.

In the future - if we are just going to respond back an derail the thread, then you will receive an infraction too. Just ignore them. It's that easy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm all for bringing back Iggy for another 3 years at around 4.5 million per season MAX. When I think of him ripping one timers off of feeds from Sid for the next 3 years I get a little giddy, I won't lie.

I'd love it too. With Iginla from the start and Bennett who seems to be ready for a real top 6 role on our team, our top two lines will be a solid as they have been since 2008... and that was only for the playoff push! So we might as well say that they would be as solid as the ever been since we got Sid and Geno.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And regarding Cooke: He played the game how we should have played Philly last season. Just laugh and stay quiet. I wish he would have finished hits more, but it's not the postseason yet.

Ottawa was looking to get fired up and the Pens were all about doing business. We went up 2-0 and by the time Ottawa started focusing on the score, it was just a tad too late.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Unless Morrow is willing to take current Dupuis money, he's gonna have to walk. Far too susceptible to the Guerin drop-off.

In order of importance as far as our UFA's go:

Iginla
Murray/Dupuis
Morrow
Cooke

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
And regarding Cooke: He played the game how we should have played Philly last season. Just laugh and stay quiet. I wish he would have finished hits more, but it's not the postseason yet.

Ottawa was looking to get fired up and the Pens were all about doing business. We went up 2-0 and by the time Ottawa started focusing on the score, it was just a tad too late.

Agreed. Cooke did what he was being paid to do, which is throw the opposition off their game and it seemed to work like a charm. They were at times more preoccupied with getting payback than they were with actually winning the game. Cooke's efforts on that 3rd goal was a thing of beauty as well, just to add salt to wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad