Post-Game Talk: Pens at Sens: Stop talking in the GDT you Cookes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
++++ Gotta give pluses to Milbury for his Cooke rant last night.

"the guys a skunk, a freaking skunk..."

I've never seen a human turn so red. Hasbro should make a toy out of him.... Mr. Tomatohead.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Unless Morrow is willing to take current Dupuis money, he's gonna have to walk. Far too susceptible to the Guerin drop-off.

In order of importance as far as our UFA's go:

Iginla
Murray/Dupuis
Morrow
Cooke

I think Dupuis should be first on that list. Can do way too many things way too well.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Remember when Letang crushed Comeau in the Isles game and his helmet flew off? That's the kind of call you get when you use that logic. That's the kind of call that was blatantly wrong when it was against us, but now we seem to think should be called because its for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Wxm6hw8MA

I don't see how this hit is in anyway similar to the Depres hit outside of both players ending up with their helmets off. Letang hits a player in open ice clearly on his shoulder and only his shoulder while that player is alone. The helmet flys off at another angle from Letang's impact showing it's clearly "whiplashed" off.

The "follow" through of Neals elbow/forearm into Depres' head is what knocks his helmet off. "Whiplash" would imply that Depres' head was still moving forward while his mid to lower body was hit and thus moving backwards. You can see from the Depres hit that his head is "leading" the motion of his body implying it was the principal point of contact. The helmet also is "impacted" opposite the direction of the hit and falls behind Depres.

I still hate these hits where 1 player is already "engaged" with another. It is just way too difficult to pay attention to both and the puck. I thought the old Kunitz hit on Timmonen was just as bad and should've been suspended IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgcACSR9L4

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Wxm6hw8MA

I don't see how this hit is in anyway similar to the Depres hit outside of both players ending up with their helmets off. Letang hits a player in open ice clearly on his shoulder and only his shoulder while that player is alone. The helmet flys off at another angle from Letang's impact showing it's clearly "whiplashed" off.

The "follow" through of Neals elbow/forearm into Depres' head is what knocks his helmet off. "Whiplash" would imply that Depres' head was still moving forward while his mid to lower body was hit and thus moving backwards. You can see from the Depres hit that his head is "leading" the motion of his body implying it was the principal point of contact. The helmet also is "impacted" opposite the direction of the hit and falls behind Depres.

I still hate these hits where 1 player is already "engaged" with another. It is just way too difficult to pay attention to both and the puck. I thought the old Kunitz hit on Timmonen was just as bad and should've been suspended IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgcACSR9L4

Holy cow, I feel like I just got done listening to the Warren Commission discussing the Zapruder film! :)

Seriously though, interesting analysis...

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I've only seen the live (and dvr replay of it) feed. Looked like forearm to head from that angle. Is there another that shows it was clean?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Opening the pre-game thread shortly. Closing this one down before the forensic analysis gets out of hand. Personally I think Elmer is going to hammer Neil at some point. He's still just a kid / learning his position. He's going to continue to get bigger and stronger and more confident over the next 12 months and sooner or later he's going to line Neil up and crush him. Elmers do not forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad