Pre-Game Talk: Pens at CBJ, Game 3. Does anything matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Lines at #Penguins skate: Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett Jokinen-Malkin-Neal Glass-Sutter-Stempniak Megna-Vitale-Adams Pyatt rotated onto 4th line.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Lines at #Penguins skate: Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett Jokinen-Malkin-Neal Glass-Sutter-Stempniak Megna-Vitale-Adams Pyatt rotated onto 4th line.

Awesome. Now BB can be turned into Dupuis and Glass can **** up the third line.

What could possibly go wrong?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

watching Bennett play, regardless of what line he's on, I feel like they are trying to turn him into something he's not.

I mean, I like the physicality, but this is a creative play maker who has dealt with injuries throughout his short career... why is he their most physical player?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Top power play has two D, Martin and Niskanen. Letang on second unit. #Penguins

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
watching Bennett play, regardless of what line he's on, I feel like they are trying to turn him into something he's not.

I mean, I like the physicality, but this is a creative play maker who has dealt with injuries throughout his short career... why is he their most physical player?

That's what this team does with its prospects. Turn them into what they think is best for them and to hell with what the player is actually good at.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Because Bylsma was a scrub that had to hit hard to earn a spot in the line-up when he played and at some point was likely replaced by a younger player with some pedigree. He wants Bennett to "earn it" just like he had to.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic

Working on those 5-on-3s again. Both ends. Can’t make this stuff up.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

I expected no less than Glass on the 3rd line. No less.

I just need to see Pyatt inserted to make my rage complete.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Zero indication of any lineup change, other than Megna/Pyatt entering for injured Gibbons, who isn’t skating.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Bennett’s back on Sid line, Stempniak still on third line. Bortuzzo/Despres still a pair, meaning they aren’t playing again. ALL IS WELL.

penguins2946*

I mean, Bennett is supposed to be Sid's RW of the future. Him and Crosby need to work through this block that they have between each other. Crosby has played with grinders basically his entire career, it's not going to be a smooth transition over to a creative winger. It needs to happen though, so they just need to play together to get through this block.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I really hate Neal being off the top unit. We need him there.

I don't think it's the team is necessarily telling Bennett to be as physical as he's been playing. I think Beau just came to the realization that if he's going to stay in the lineup and get ice time, he has to "grind *****es down."

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I mean, Bennett is supposed to be Sid's RW of the future. Him and Crosby need to work through this block that they have between each other. Crosby has played with grinders basically his entire career, it's not going to be a smooth transition over to a creative winger. It needs to happen though, so they just need to play together to get through this block.

Like I said in the other thread, Crosby and Kunitz need to stop telling Bennett to be a Dupuis clone while they play their 2 man game and pretending Bennett doesn't exist.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Bennett’s back on Sid line, Stempniak still on third line. Bortuzzo/Despres still a pair, meaning they aren’t playing again. ALL IS WELL.

No **** Despres isn't playing. He's in WBS.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I really hate Neal being off the top unit. We need him there.

I don't think it's the team is necessarily telling Bennett to be as physical as he's been playing. I think Beau just came to the realization that if he's going to stay in the lineup and get ice time, he has to "grind *****es down."

Which, hey, I don't disagree with, except for the fact that THIS STANDARD ONLY APPLIES TO BO BENNETT AND JAYSON MEGNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Which, hey, I don't disagree with, except for the fact that THIS STANDARD ONLY APPLIES TO BO BENNETT AND JAYSON MEGNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, and it's incredibly frustrating.

penguins2946*

Like I said in the other thread, Crosby and Kunitz need to stop telling Bennett to be a Dupuis clone while they play their 2 man game and pretending Bennett doesn't exist.

I deleted that part of my comment, but I agree. Crosby and Kunitz need to adjust their game to fit with Bennett just as much as Bennett needs to adjust his game to fit with Crosby and Kunitz. Bennett simply doesn't have the sturdiness to play like Dupuis. Not physicality, he definitely is capable if grinding a ton. I just don't want to see our creative and frankly injury prone winger acting like a grinder, because he'll just end up back on IR then.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Malkin - Jokinen

I don't care really, but something has to change to spark those top two lines.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

He was always a physical player, which is why last season I was arguing with some lunk heads who insisted he was this soft, perimeter player.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Malkin - Jokinen

I don't care really, but something has to change to spark those top two lines.

This is exactly what I want to see. Kunitz away from Sid, Neal away from Geno, and Neal and Jokinen away from each other. Force Kunitz to be a puck hound again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad