Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Sens 3 - The Phaneuf Gonna Party at Phil's Hot Dog Stand Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As @ColePens told me, kudos to Sully for switching up the lines. Hagelin-Geno-Rust, for example, is just so original, so out of the box, that words don't do the brilliant bench management justice. Nobody could've thought of that combo. Nobody.

He would get more kudos if he could realize this stuff before the game starts...not rocket science

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
wow Crosby was extremely selfish on that empty situation. Should had let Jake in

Hes getting up there in age...needs all the secondary assists and empty net points he can get these days. Forget Guentz. If he cant earn a hatty the real way he doesnt deserve it!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How did they lose Phaneuf trade? It's all about cash for them and Gaborik makes less cash in the latter parts of the contract, even with retention. They pick up a younger forward as well that can play center or wing.

They aren't a normal team that cares about getting the best hockey players. If Melnyk said to shed money, which I'm sure he did, this is Dorion doing that.

Gaborik and Shore for Phaneuf and Thompson is an awful trade, just because the money may work out doesn't mean it's not an awful trade. They barely save any money due to Ottawa retaining salary on Phaneuf.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
You know there's not much to talk about when the GDT started to discuss Doritos halfway through the game.

And finally a trade. Poor LA still hasn't given up on their core.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
nga_zpsqltslvad.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Our defense really pitched in tonight, three defensemen with two points each.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Best thing about Murray is he can let up 3 goals in a game and still be solid, a difference maker.

Fleury usually had to hold a team to 2 or less goals or things escalated.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I thought this was Letang's best game this season. at least from the ones I watched...

Yeah - needs saying not least from those if us usually critizising him.

Lots of good flashes in the secon and third from Guentz-Sheahan-Kessel. The former had a great game.
Really hoped Geno’s line with Rust on it would have done something special to hammer home the logic of having it, but at least Sully went there. Hope it sticks.

In the end a welcome 2 points and flattering scoreline. We’ll take it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta give the most love to:

+++ Murray/Schultz: Thought both of those two were the best. Really thought Mur made Grade A saves. Schultz started the game off on fire.

+++ Letang: Best 5 on 5 game i've seen out of him in a long time.

+++ Rust/Hags with Geno: YES. Cannot wait til Horny is back, but this instantly clicked and put Geno back into God mode.

+++ Kessel back on his own line: YES. Instantly clicked and Kessel went back into his killer mode.

+++ Props to ZAR and Jake for their goals. :yo:

This is a damn good win. They needed to go in and beat Ottawa and they did that. Perfect.

Only Sully could've foreseen that, right? :thumbu:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@KIRK - why hate on Sully? He changed them. Yes - i know this entire board was already screaming for it. I get it. But I can only talk about what is going on. He changed and chose the right one. Good on him.

Remember - it's not about us being right. It's about seeing it happen and the right move being made. I don't give a shit if i'm right at the end of the day :laugh: I think we are all happy to be right here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Gotta give Letang credit, he's been better of late.

And though his numbers aren't great Shultz has had a very solid season thus far. Really solid defensively. And bailed us out on some loose pucks around our goal over the last few games. He's come a long way indeed.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK - why hate on Sully? He changed them. Yes - i know this entire board was already screaming for it. I get it. But I can only talk about what is going on. He changed and chose the right one. Good on him.

Oh c'mon the 'nobody could've seen it' crack is only because you and I talked about trying Hags-Geno-Rust a year ago. And, to be frank, on the Kirk 10 point hate scale, my language and tone rate about a 2, so methinks thou doth protest too much.

Reactions: ColePens

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
When it comes to chips our favourites may differ, but no matter how wrong Cole is I think we can all agree that sour cream and onion is the worst. And I love both actual sour cream and actual onions.

Reactions: ColePens and KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad