Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Sens 3 - The Phaneuf Gonna Party at Phil's Hot Dog Stand Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Treent1

Jun 5, 2017
wow Crosby was extremely selfish on that empty situation. Should had let Jake in

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
ZAR with 2 goals and I'm allergic to every nut except peanuts.

Great troll job universe.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As @ColePens told me, kudos to Sully for switching up the lines. Hagelin-Geno-Rust, for example, is just so original, so out of the box, that words don't do the brilliant bench management justice. Nobody could've thought of that combo. Nobody.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
--- Sullivan for denying Geno his chance to get a third Art Ross. I keep harping on this but it is pretty asinine how little ice time Geno gets, and on top of that he gets very few empty net opportunities. I think he probably has like two or three empty net points this year while I'm pretty sure Crosby has like 7 or 8. I don't know why you can't send him out there with Crosby when you are up by two goals. A more selfish player would have told Sully to F off.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Played better than the last couple games at least but Ottawa are trash

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gotta give the most love to:

+++ Murray/Schultz: Thought both of those two were the best. Really thought Mur made Grade A saves. Schultz started the game off on fire.

+++ Letang: Best 5 on 5 game i've seen out of him in a long time.

+++ Rust/Hags with Geno: YES. Cannot wait til Horny is back, but this instantly clicked and put Geno back into God mode.

+++ Kessel back on his own line: YES. Instantly clicked and Kessel went back into his killer mode.

+++ Props to ZAR and Jake for their goals. :yo:

This is a damn good win. They needed to go in and beat Ottawa and they did that. Perfect.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate how lazy Rowney looks. Jake actually plays harder against opponents than ole Carter does, that's embarrassing. Rowney has patented the uber soff cross check or the sissy soff two handed push from behind. I also noticed him lazily skating off on line changes tonight. Is he in that good with Sully that he doesn't even have to try anymore???

Jake was good tonight, put him back with Sid.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+++ Letang, one his best games all year. This is first + I think I've given him
++ Jake and ZAR
+ the two points
-- the other Metro opponents near us got points too so we made no headway
--- the discussion on artificial chips and Doritos, folks that stuff has bad chemicals in it...
--- our chances of getting Brassard who I'm drooling over now....

Reactions: ColePens

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
+Senators lost both the game and the Phaneuf trade
+ZAR has done pretty well in the NHL so far, he doesn't look as good as his stat line, but I've been pretty happy with him. As a lock for the top-9? Eh, but I'd like him as the 4th line LW.

How did they lose Phaneuf trade? It's all about cash for them and Gaborik makes less cash in the latter parts of the contract, even with retention. They pick up a younger forward as well that can play center or wing.

They aren't a normal team that cares about getting the best hockey players. If Melnyk said to shed money, which I'm sure he did, this is Dorion doing that.

Reactions: Badfish87

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sid with the Adam Oates hat trick.

Jake and Letang showing flashes of their former selves. Keep it going.

ZAR with 2 goals...will keep playing with Crosby since he was compared to Kunitz when he signed. Sid wont let him leave his line now.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
wow Crosby was extremely selfish on that empty situation. Should had let Jake in

i am hoping you're joking, considering crosby's line was out there for an icing and then they were hemmed in the zone. They scored the empty netter getting out of the zone

Reactions: wizmet12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad