Post-Game Talk: Pens-5, Sabres-1

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
According to extraskater.com, Z has drawn 7 penalties in 10 games. It's a small sample size, but he's the best in the league when you take out guys who have played 2-3 games. I was at the game last night and he definitely drew my attention every time he was on the ice.

He is a sparkplug who plays with reckless abandon every shift. I'm always thinking he's going to break his neck some game by crashing headfirst into the end boards at full speed. He's small, fast, always keeps his feet moving, and he likes to play dump and chase. It's a great recipe for drawing penalties. I wouldn't want him playing in significant or important minutes for the Pens, but I've had a lot of fun watching him play this season.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I can't really take anything out of this game from the pens side, Buffalo was just terrible last night.

The Sabres came out a lot stronger then us and it took some time for us to adjust and get some pressure and our legs moving. Despite playing the Sabres, we played a very solid overall game

SteelFish87*

quiet game for Bortuzzo, wonder if he got hurt fighting in the Ottawa game

Malkin112*

surprisingly Jokinen has been best winger since the beginning of the year

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I disagree, i thought Buffalo was awful, they were missing some of there better players last night, the defense on Sid's and Geno's goal was laughable.

Buffalo will literally be like an AHL team after the TDL.

I think we are discussing 2 different things. Yeah Buffalo sucks, but that's because they suck, not because they were particularly terrible last night. They just don't have the horses to stack up against us. That said, they played to the best of their abilities IMO.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I really hope he keeps winning and his numbers start to get better again, imagine him being rumored to be a front runner for the Vezina? It's that type of year MAF needs to believe in himself again, which I doubt he ever did stop, only for a brief moment in last year's run maybe, but I think this year he shuts some of the haters in our fan base up.

For a guy that was rock solid in 2008 (I mean those numbers, damn) and then in 2009 he was great when the team needed him to be (talks about how he wouldn't have 2 bad games in a row proved to be true)..then knowing how turdtastic the team has played in the past 5yrs, including him, not just him, the entire team, I am going to give him hope like I am going to give Sid hope for not imploding and doing stupid stuff and going pointless when the team needs him, etc. Funny how some get excuses, others don't.

In any case, it was nice to see a complete game out of the Pens against the Sabres and they didn't bite too much on the dirty stuff from the Sabres. That's good to see.

Is it a coincidence that MAF's head went into the toilet at about the same time DB implemented his "system"?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Best game I've seen Harry Z play. Our bottom lines actually had some O-zone time when he was out there. Tough to draw any conclusions about this game though.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That's where you're wrong.

A few extra 100K here and there can go a long way in signing important players.

I agree but take 3 players for example the complete 4th line and it's 900 000. I mean to only save 900 000 you have to make sure it's players that can fill in that role.

Boston's 4th line for example

Thornton 1.1
Campbell 1.6
Paille 1.3

You still need a little quality and can't take only rookies every year and let them go just you you can save a little.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I agree but take 3 players for example the complete 4th line and it's 900 000. I mean to only save 900 000 you have to make sure it's players that can fill in that role.

Boston's 4th line for example

Thornton 1.1
Campbell 1.6
Paille 1.3

You still need a little quality and can't take only rookies every year and let them go just you you can save a little.

Correct but we have the players right now that can make a better 4th line and save us some dough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad