Post-Game Talk: Pens-5, Sabres-1

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The boys win one for Gina. :yo:

There's nothing quiet about Orpik's decline.

Simon Despres is fat and makes annoying mistakes.

Sid and Geno are pretty good at hockey.

Glass and Adams are not.

Michael8771*

+Geno and Sid playing like the two best players in the world.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Gina Carano.

ginacaranoedgat.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Dependable Adams was there
+ Orpik's decline is quiet

Well, technically speaking and my previous posts about him notwithstanding, there's nothing vocal about Orpik's decline.

Visual is a different story . . . :laugh:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Good showing for Scrabbles. He deserves some more time I think. I'd like to see a 4th line of some combo of the following : Scrabbles, Sill, Vitale, Engelland, Glass. Yes, Glass.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Scattered thoughts:

- Dropped onto any other ice sheet on the planet, Crosby would have been the best player in the world tonight. But in Buffalo, Evgeni Malkin one upped him. Geno was an absolute force on the ice tonight. He's Mario-like when he's on.

- Kunitz can't keep the puck on his stick lately.

- Gibbons is out of his league playing next to Sid. I actually don't mind Bylsma rotating several guys in/out of that spot throughout the game.

- Neal is playing well, but earlier this season he was like a honey badger. If he can find that again, the Malkin line will go from damn-near unstoppable to outright unstoppable.

- Sutter is an average 3C and he really struggles when his wingers are subpar.

- Scrabbles and Engo are competent 4th liners. Adams is not.

- Maatta was our best defenseman tonight. His instincts in the offensive zone are insane. God I wish KL had half the brains of this kid.

- Despite only allowing one goal against, Orpik, Scuderi, and Bortuzzo had mostly lousy evenings. Fleury had to make some good saves between oddman rushes and an inability on behalf of our defense to clear the front of the net.

Anyway, hell of a game!

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Good game. Nice to see the boys show up against an inferior team for once.

Orpik is going to cost this team a playoff series. So many unforced giveaways. I think I counted 3 on one shift.

Adams line had one good shift early on. Every shift after that they were hemmed into their own zone. Bylsma will say that Adams' line looked good because of the assist.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
+maatta. God I love watching him play. Each game he gets better. Really starting to amp up his offensive game.
-orpik. Get the **** away from this team you turd. So bad, in so many ways.

+Harry z. THAT is what a 4th liner looks like!! Oh, and he scored and drew a penalty.
+Sid/Geno. Great games by these 2.
+2nd line. Past couple games, the passing/offensive zone time and cycling has been fantastic.

-bort. Thought he had a bit of a rough one.. still deserves to be in the lineup though.

+Megna/Gibbons. There is your secondary scoring. Go get a wing for Sid, and we're in pretty decent shape.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
- man, this NHL Revealed thing really is a not very good version of 24/7.
+ had a pizza during the game, it was pretty good.

Yeah, I haven't bothered to watch after the 1st episode. At least tonight's episode centres around a game, rather than the first episode where there was no storyline and they just jumped around teams at random. And the narrator is no Liev Schreiber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad