Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 2 - Pens Clinch a Playoff Birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And if we're able to play a full 60 mins, kill penalties effectively and play sound, solid, positional fundamental hockey then great. But I'm not see that. Are you? Because that's what it will take to have a modicum of an opportunity.
no team in the league does that every game. Not a single one. We didn't even come close to doing that last year as we won the Cup.

Reactions: Peat

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And if we're able to play a full 60 mins, kill penalties effectively and play sound, solid, positional fundamental hockey then great. But I'm not see that. Are you? Because that's what it will take to have a modicum of an opportunity.

wine-gif-2.gif

Reactions: Peat

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
no team in the league does that every game. Not a single one. We didn't even come close to doing that last year as we won the Cup.
Every game? When in the last month have we done it even one game? Maybe that Dallas game, but beyond that we've been terrible.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
on another note, if you all want to see a team play hard and within itself, may i present to you tonight's affair between Sharks and Knights. You will see both teams supporting puck, both teams back checking, both teams not throwing pucks away, or ill advised stretch passes. You will not see the defenders trying to force an issue, or trying to be cute. you will see many chip passes, little chips to evade forchecks. SMH.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
it's weird how on balance, it almost always bounces in favor of the better team.

You make your own luck and all that. Part of it is players being in the right place. Goals bouncing off someone standing in front of the opposing goalie are luck... except someone had to go stand there and someone had to get a shot on net. Yeah. It’s luck but it’s stemming from doing the right thing. A high skilled player making a fantastic play or shot could fall under puck luck but there’s a lot of skill behind it.

If you really want to break it down puck luck would factor into every pass, shot or fumbled puck. It would be a headache to do because the stick could have snapped or the puck could have hit an imperfection in the ice and done something weird. It’s juts crying about the obvious ones.

It can bite a team but probably not, especially over larger sample sizes.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
on another note, if you all want to see a team play hard and within itself, may i present to you tonight's affair between Sharks and Knights. You will see both teams supporting puck, both teams back checking, both teams not throwing pucks away, or ill advised stretch passes. You will not see the defenders trying to force an issue, or trying to be cute. you will see many chip passes, little chips to evade forchecks. SMH.
Go watch the 2017 finals and you'll see the Preds do all of that stuff better than the Penguins too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Correct me if I’m wrong but neither of those teams went on back to back SCF runs and won it...

Reactions: EightyOne

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Against bad teams, how about we try this against some good teams and see how we do? How about that one?

There's no glory in beating a hapless Habs team. Well, unless you set the bar very very low.

When you are older you are going to wonder why you were so negative and bitter in the glory days of penguins hockey.

Enjoy the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad