Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 2 - Pens Clinch a Playoff Birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We were outshot every game bar 1 against Columbus, with the lowest SA being 32. My memory of it is that there was a lot of crap from outwide and we were never in serious danger, but we certainly gave up a lot of shots - 194 in 5 games - and conceded 4 or more twice.

Did a better job preventing shots against Washington but my memory of that series was living in dread - so many great opportunities given up. Even then, we only kept them below 30 shots twice, and conceded 234 shots in 7. Again, conceded 4 or more twice.

The Pens' possession numbers are worlds better this year over last when they were very mediocre all year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Kessel injury really puts a damper on the victory. If he’s badly injured, they’re out in the first round.

Hunwick looked really good which is encouraging, same for Sheary.

He’ll be there unless his hand is broken.
At least for the remainder of the RS, I’d like to see a certain RW replacement in WBS returned to the big club...emergency injury replacement.
Why hasn’t Sprong been called up now?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
At least for the remainder of the RS, I’d like to see a certain RW replacement in WBS returned to the big club...emergency injury replacement.
I think someone actually has to go on IR for it to count as an emergency recall.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I'm very concerned about us playing Columbus; they have a worse record but they are much better this year.

Only two positives are: they will throw a ton of shots at Murray so that is a real good way for a goaltender to get on a roll ala Fleury and Kris Letang is getting it back and helping keep possession alive. Took him about 65 games but he's been really improving the last ten games.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

You don’t get an emergency call up when you have a healthy scratch (Simon).

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I just saw a clip when he got hurt, its something in mid area, it looks like hernia or something cause he went straight int his mid section, didn't he have issue with the testicular cancer before?, it was a weird pull in the middle of his skating totally untouched

Edit: watching again there was a minor slash, but really can't say what went wrong

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm very concerned about us playing Columbus; they have a worse record but they are much better this year.

Only two positives are: they will throw a ton of shots at Murray so that is a real good way for a goaltender to get on a roll ala Fleury and Kris Letang is getting it back and helping keep possession alive. Took him about 65 games but he's been really improving the last ten games.

Even though that has not been predictive in some past playoff matchups, Columbus has lost all three games vs. the Pens this year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just saw a clip when he got hurt, its something in mid area, it looks like hernia or something cause he went straight int his mid section, didn't he have issue with the testicular cancer before?, it was a weird pull in the middle of his skating totally untouched

Edit: watching again there was a minor slash, but really can't say what went wrong

You’re right...I saw the video...it looks like an abdomen, rib or possibly groin...he stuck his hand under the waistband of his pants...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well Brass is down too...if that doesn’t work, someone please take a stick to Kuhn....

It only works if you can’t put 12 forwards on the ice. We have 15 forwards on the roster right now (Brassard, Rowney and potentially Kessel injured).

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Letang has been awful the last ten games...if that's improvement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad