Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Rangers 3 - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Sweep

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
considering how well despres plays in every anaheim game i've seen, i really don't think i will ever get over it

Not to say that he's been bad, and certainly not that the trade was even close to being a good one or even passable one for us, he's doing well as a #6 d-man.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I 100% agree with IC's post. I'll even add accountability is part of a team make up, too. I watched Neal get cheap shot in Game 2 going to the bench. It was bad. He didn't turn around or anything. He didn't say anything. He just went to the bench and took it.

On the Pens he would have lost his mind.
Yup. And notice that we have had major roster turnover and the problems have taken root in the new guys.
Unless you're Milbury, then it's in your hand :sarcasm:
:laugh:
Well done

Friedman said last night on CBC that Milbury keeps coming up has a potential candidate for the job.
:laugh:
I thought you guys were just joking. Please God, let this happen.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nothing going to be given to Yandle? Because I honestly have a hard time seeing a difference between that and what Buff did.... other than when they did it and who they play for, of course.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Nothing going to be given to Yandle? Because I honestly have a hard time seeing a difference between that and what Buff did.... other than when they did it and who they play for, of course.

best revenge would be getting a huge enough lead to have downie out on the ice for all of yandles shifts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

That's all well and good, and that us against the world thing is working for them and don't change it.

But that said, the Pens only need look themselves in the mirror for the skepticism of the fan base. Even after two well played games in NY.

If they hadn't sucked ass the entire second half of the year, hadn't backed into the playoffs only making it by winning against the worst team in the league the last game of the year, hadn't flamed out in appalling fashion the past several years when favored, maybe people would be less skeptical. Yes there were injuries. That does not excuse what happened in most of those cases including this year.

Oh we are rooting for you, strongly so. But deep down believing? That is earned. I suspect if they have a strong game tomorrow and take a 2-1 series lead playing the right way at home they will win some over. Not all but a goodly number. And they should get that it was not us that put them in this position of being doubted but they did it themselves. Man up and earn our trust back.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Quick question for you older fans, I'm watching this documentary on the Pens 90-91 cup run, and it showed Steigerwald as the partner for Lange.

Was Steigerwald always as bad as he is now?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The league is a joke when it comes to the Pens. No, I did not think he deserved a game from that. But it should have been five and tossed from that game. It certianly would have been if the jerseys were switched.

When every Pen says it, Frasier says it, hell the broadcasters were shocked no interference on Sid and the number of calls, well where there is smoke there is fire.

As a Pens' fan you just have to laugh and call the officials what they are, as biased against the Pens as the most rabid Flyers' fan and with the power to do something about it. You can cry over it or play through it. So far the Pens are doing that.

They should go into tomorrow's game expecting to be on the short end, significantly, of the calls and play accordingly.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Quick question for you older fans, I'm watching this documentary on the Pens 90-91 cup run, and it showed Steigerwald as the partner for Lange.

Let's just say that his performance has been consistent over the years.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012

Yes, insomuch there were times Lang even got fed up with him and fired shots at his stupidity during the broadcast.

And we prefer "More experienced fans".

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Yeah, one of my more vivid memories of him from the early to mid 90's was him mocking Pat Lafontaine while he was down on the ice with a concussion.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Going to be very interesting to see how they respond in game 3.

It's no longer a show. I mean, I saw desperation from the Pens. I don't see or hear that from the Rangers . . . they're acting like a team that is taking the Pens lightly. And, AV's line matching and stretch pass or bust thing. It really just reminds me of the Pens under Bylsma . . .

100% this, agree on all of it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, insomuch there were times Lang even got fed up with him and fired shots at his stupidity during the broadcast.

And we prefer "More experienced fans".

In that regard, he was 'better' then. Lange had a mute button. :laugh:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I actually think that it is on the Rangers, not us.

Everyone agrees that given our injuries they are the more talented team right now. Hell, even without the injuries they were the more talented team this year.

And right now when I look at them I see us of the past several years. Boatloads of talent but the playoffs are another animal entirely. The games are called differently for one. You wouldn't know it for how the refs have been abusing the Pens the past two games, but overall that has always been true. But more you have to have a team who can play two ways. High tempo and then when a less talented team makes you sludge through the mud you have to play an entirely different kind of game. The Pens just did not seem to have the mentality or structure to do that. Neither do the Rangers. I am not saying that we are going to win this series. I still think that unlikely. I also do not see the Rangers going all that far either though. There is too much of what we saw of prior Pens' teams in them. And we know how that turned out.
Agreed. Pens may not win this series, but I don't see the rangers winning the cup. A team like Chicago would mop the floor with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad