Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Rangers 3 - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Sweep

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The agenda of the main forum is so obvious at times, the storyline is the undisciplined pens deserve all the penalties (ignore for a moment how many conspiracy mentions there would be if the ratio was reversed), not one person could answer if the reason for the penalty discrepancy so far is because pitt is just so undisciplined, then does that make 2 cross checks to the head and an extra overhand chop to the shoulder disciplined just because the refs ignored them?

Top logic I must say, or bias, either one.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
That's exactly the game we needed. Overcoming adversity down in the 1st and the refs. Great win to be proud of.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Good game, why did Malkin pass when there is a open net in front of him

I love Geno but he has a habit of thinking the game is put away well before it actually is. It came damn close to costing them when he had a glorious opportunity to drive the stake into them.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Anyhow:

++++ Sutter
++++ Crosby
++ Hornqvist
+Kunitz : Say what you want, he was good tonight. Great even.
+Fleury : Played very well. Easier night than on Thursday though.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Well, we realistically could not have asked about a better result after two games. I still don't think we'll win more than maybe one more game, but that was really encouraging.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Really liking what i've seen systems wise. We all know the personel issues but MJ and Agnew have countered the Rangers very nicely.

The Rangers had 7 even strength shots mid-way or just past mid-3rd period. Helluva job 5on5.

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Great to see Fleury and Crosby playing really well! Also Kunitz was..., well, surprisingly atleast.

Refs were worse than I remembered.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Awesome thread title

+++++ Sid: Complete take over. Leadership, on the ice, on the powerplay, everywhere. Sid took over. ****ing right.

+ Kunitz/Horny: They turned it on for Sid. He needed that.

+ Cole/Dumo/Chorney: **** yes. Awesome defense by them.

+ Lappy: Lol... just lol.

+ Spaling/Sutter/Comeau: All 3 played very well. Spaling/Comeau did great on the 4th line and Sutter set the tone to gain us momentum.

- Scuds

Konstantin Koltsov

May 18, 2010
PA
My prediction was that the Pens would win one game this series and they've already done that, so everything from here on out is just gravy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not related to the game, but more multiple shots at Monroeville Mall. How is that Mall ever going to remain open? So much bad press.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
CBC: "Sid was good, but the story is, they didn't need him to be good. This was about Brandon Sutter and Chris Kunitz"

...?????????

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
"Sid, how did you beat your opponents tonight?"

"Well, we didn't underestimate them, I tell you that. They were on us from the first whistle and never let up, but we persevered and overcame the odds. The Rangers were alright too."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad