Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Preds 2 - SCH is #BESTFORBUSINESS

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nice win. Solid game with timely saves from Murray. Still sloppy defensively with too many hope plays. But, up front, with Geno and Cullen back, maybe it finally will make sense . . .

SCH
Hags-Geno-Rust
Guentzel-Cullen-Kessel
Kunitz-Wilson-Rust

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Really didn't wanna watch this one with SCR.
First shift = SCH and i was into it all night.

Sully really should be thinking about sitting Bones for Cullen when he's ready.
JR really needs to be thinking about getting a fix for his middle D pair.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I really think people are seeing things. Sid would have to be an idiot to be fine with SCR while hating SCH. I don't think Sid is that stupid.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I really think people are seeing things. Sid would have to be an idiot to be fine with SCR while hating SCH. I don't think Sid is that stupid.

It looks like his usual "why can't I be on a line with two of myself?" frustration. Crosby and Hornqvist go at it on the bench but I think they enjoy it more than it's a sign of a problem. Birds of a crazy feather.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Damn the Caps lost to the Isles.
Surprising. Weight is doing good things there, it seems.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

i don't think i'm hallucinating when i see his reactions to horny's plays as being different from others. it's a shame to see that from sid

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Dear jake Guentzel, Wellcome to the black hole. You are officially a new member of club 30% possession.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Daley, SCH, Hagelin, Guentzel, Rust, Dumo, 4th line and Murray:

7ejxYcY.gif

Maatta and Bonino:

giphy.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
i don't think i'm hallucinating when i see his reactions to horny's plays as being different from others. it's a shame to see that from sid

Maybe I shouldn't have said you were seeing things. More of a case of reading into things a little too much perhaps. If Sid hated playing with Hornqvist as much as he supposedly does then I find it hard to believe the media wouldn't have caught wind of it by now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Decent overall win. Sid hardly tried and the line was dominant with horny on it again. I like it.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Jake-Geno-Phil
Hags-Bones-Rust

when Geno gets back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Horny back with Sid/Sheary: It's not the prettiest, but it just makes the most sense. I thought all 3 guys had a good game. Really enjoyed them back as a line.

+ Hags: Really happy to see Hags find his groove. He played terrific tonight. OFfensively wasn't lost and defensively really solid.

+ Murray: I still do not see the Matt Murray that eats the puck and suffocates it, but he's tracking better and better each game. He's still a bit away from what he was, but he's figuring it out. The growing of an NHL goalie. Right before our eyes.

+ 4th line: Can't deny that all 3 guys play a great role on this team. Kunitz played well. Fehr played well. Wilson is doing his thing.

- Maatta: Disaster tonight. First goal was all his fault. He loses a battle to get the puck, then turns it over when he finally does get it, then doesn't cover his guy in front of the net. Disaster.

= Letang: First game back and he was a little over anxious. A mixed bag tonight but we are better with him than without him.

= Schultz/Cole: Really up and down today. Some good defense. Some lazy defense. A little bit of everything.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Murray with 37 saves on 39 shots. Fleury would have found a way to make it interesting.

Horny with 2 goals and Sid does find a way to make it interesting.

Big Murray fan and love the way he plays the net, but still not feeling he's on his "A" game yet. I don't see that natural comfort that we saw last year. He's growing into it. He definitely is. But he still has another level.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Decent overall win. Sid hardly tried and the line was dominant with horny on it again. I like it.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Jake-Geno-Phil
Hags-Bones-Rust

when Geno gets back.

Flip Jake and Hags and I like this.

Dunno how people thought Rowney did, but I thought he showed more hustle than Bonino.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Big Murray fan and love the way he plays the net, but still not feeling he's on his "A" game yet. I don't see that natural comfort that we saw last year. He's growing into it. He definitely is. But he still has another level.

Then I guess I'll take Murray on his B game over anything I've seen from Fleury in this decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad