Post-Game Talk: Pens 4 Habs 0 | Beau + The Boys Win One for the Duper

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Bennett, Fleury, Sutter and Letang were awesome. That's been common recently for the last two...maybe even the last three, but if Bennett keeps it up that's big. Really impressed with his work on that Sutter goal (possibly credited to Downie?). It's exhibit A for why I want them together. Sutter can finish and likes to trail the play, Bennett's always looking for a late guy and is capable of finding one.

I'd still like to see Hornqvist put back with Crosby and people rotating on Malkin's right wing. Spaling's been adequate on the left, for now, to me. He and 71 are connecting for about 1 opportunity per game, which isn't enough, but is more than anyone else who was tried on his line, 72 included.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, Crosby seems like he has taken to shooting more and more these last few games, no? You can see it in his game log (4-5 shots these last three games, mostly 2 or 3 before that), though that doesn't always say much. But he had some really good looks in this game. Especially the one that hit Price in his shoulder.

Well, when your linemates aren't getting in a position to receive passes and take shots, the only option left is to shoot. Kind of like when Sid scored 50 goals a few seasons back because of how ineffective his linemates were.

I, personally, prefer the Sid who shoots a lot. I think a 40+ goal Sid is just more dangerous and difficult to contain than a 30+ goal Sid who passes unless he has absolutely no other choice.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Bennett, Fleury, Sutter and Letang were awesome. That's been common recently for the last two...maybe even the last three, but if Bennett keeps it up that's big. Really impressed with his work on that Sutter goal (possibly credited to Downie?). It's exhibit A for why I want them together. Sutter can finish and likes to trail the play, Bennett's always looking for a late guy and is capable of finding one.

lol at this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad