Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Avs 1 - Murray, Hornqvist, Kunitz Lead Pens to a Hard Fought Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I don't recall ever seeing a more selfish goal than that EN in my life. I mean, I just have no words for something like that. Back in the day, you'd get punched in the locker room. And on the dad's trip too, with PH's dad in the stands.

Pure garbage move. I have defended the guy a little bit in the past, but somebody needs to talk to him. I assume Cullen is the only guy on the club who would.

So I wasn't imaging Hornqvist skating with Kunitz on that 2 on 1?

Yup, wide open down the center of the ice.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ Murray.
- overall a lacklustre game. Also, Kunitz's decision not to give Hornqvist the HT...

Milestones are always tricky. Hope No.1000 comes against Arizona.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
I don't recall ever seeing a more selfish goal than that EN in my life. I mean, I just have no words for something like that. Back in the day, you'd get punched in the locker room. And on the dad's trip too, with PH's dad in the stands.

Pure garbage move. I have defended the guy a little bit in the past, but somebody needs to talk to him. I assume Cullen is the only guy on the club who would.

Who? Haha

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Depending on Murray for the win while just not playing tight and smart is not good. Team is based on precision and speed. Malkin, Sheary, missing doesn't help. But a win is a win.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Kunitz, he skated in on the EN 2 on 1 with PH, saw him there, put his head down and buried it.

At first I thought maybe that wasn't Hornqvist because I was watching the Av's feed and thought no player wouldn't pass to teammate trying to get a HT. I'm astonished anyone would do that. Plus it was a two goal lead so there was no risk in passing it to him anyway.

Cullen had a really good game. Hopefully the injury to Rust isn't serious. Yet another game and another player goes down.:help:

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
haha. even errey didn't know what to say about the ENG: "Y'know I thought that was... uh... um... pretty cool of Sidney Crosby going off the ice. could have stayed on looking for 999." Then he goes on about how it is these little gestures that the guys in the room really appreciate... it was borderline shade :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

A 37 year old tenured vet who wears a letter shouldn't have to be talked to. Someone talking to him isn't going to fix whatever that was.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Just when you think you can't dislike Kunitz any more, he sucks all game long and then steals a hat trick EN goal from a guy who busted his ass all night.

We'll be better when he's gone. In so many ways.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I think Kunitz was just reinforcing to the younger guys that there is I in team and when you have a chance to bury one, you do it

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I think Kunitz was just reinforcing to the younger guys that there is I in team and when you have a chance to bury one, you do it

Except when its a Stanley Cup winning game and Malkin gives you an entire empty net to shoot at.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I remember a similar empty net situation years ago with Sid/Geno. I think Sid had 2 goals and, instead of passing to Sid, Geno just quickly shot it in. Steigy and Errey had no problem sort of calling out Geno for it at the time.

I guess they've mellowed on the empty net/hat trick issue over the years. :sarcasm:

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Except when its a Stanley Cup winning game and Malkin gives you an entire empty net to shoot at.

I thought I saw a pic on this board a while back that explained that situaiption. Wasn't there a fire breathing dragon blocking the net?

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I remember a similar empty net situation years ago with Sid/Geno. I think Sid had 2 goals and, instead of passing to Sid, Geno just quickly shot it in. Steigy and Errey had no problem sort of calling out Geno for it at the time.

I guess they've mellowed on the empty net/hat trick issue over the years. :sarcasm:

There is also a big difference between a Canadian Olympic gold medalist and a Russian.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If 50 Shades of Black or whatever the **** it's called flash trailer pops up again next time I log in, somebody's getting their ass kicked.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

In the 2015 playoffs against NYR Crosby had 2 goals and Malkin tried passing to him and the puck rolled or got deflected and the Rangers ended up scoring.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
+Murray. Great performance by a guy who may or may not be the best goalie on the Pens roster according to Facebook.
+Hornqvist. Catalyst. Too bad some idiot doesn't know how to pass.

-Kunitz. Go away.

-----

So much for Sid pulling away from McDavid with his games in hand. In the two games Sid has played this week, against bad defenses/goaltending as well, he's got a whopping 1 point. This was the week Sid should have put space between him and the rest of the pack. Instead, it's still tooth and nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad