Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Avs 1 - Murray, Hornqvist, Kunitz Lead Pens to a Hard Fought Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
gross game. **** kunitz. sid is playing like he has 1000 on his mind and trying to make sure it's a sweet assist throught 5 defenders.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just a quick recap before I go to sleep. I gotta head to sleep early.

+++ Horny/Murray: IMO we won solely because these two guys. They were tremendous all night. Sometimes you just flat out need 2 guys to step up and they did. Usually you think it's Kessel/Sid on a night like this, but **** it. It is what it is. #30 and #72 won us this game.

+Guentzel/Rowney: I lump the two in because they are younger guys (although Rowney is 27) who played legit minutes and played smart minutes. I liked their game.

- Defense: What the **** was that? I can't tell you one player that played well. They were sloppy all night long.

Honorable mention to Kuhn. Really liked his game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well, Sid has two games in hand left to build his lead a bit. You just know Mcdavid is gonna be on a tear after a week off too.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
**** Chris Kunitz. What a lazy, selfish pos.

Sid went to change. Kunitz stayed on. Horny too, but I get Horny staying on. Kunitz is just a ******* joke.

Crosby isn't winning **** with Kunitz flanking him for another month.

Geno might. He missed 3 weeks, 6 games, and only lost 4 points in the scoring race. And you know he'll be shot out of a cannon on Saturday if Sully lets him play.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
+ win

- The team going into coast/collapse mode and blowing the shutout for Murray.
- Kunitz with a selfish move on a 2 on 1 empty net situation to feed Hornqivst for the hat-trick. Says **** you, and shoots it. What a guy

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Just a quick recap before I go to sleep. I gotta head to sleep early.

+++ Horny/Murray: IMO we won solely because these two guys. They were tremendous all night. Sometimes you just flat out need 2 guys to step up and they did. Usually you think it's Kessel/Sid on a night like this, but **** it. It is what it is. #30 and #72 won us this game.

+Guentzel/Rowney: I lump the two in because they are younger guys (although Rowney is 27) who played legit minutes and played smart minutes. I liked their game.

- Defense: What the **** was that? I can't tell you one player that played well. They were sloppy all night long.

Honorable mention to Kuhn. Really liked his game.

To be fair, Kessel did help them get up by 2. Coulda had 3 if Wilson scored on that breakaway. I thought he did alright even if it was a bit ugly. But Hornqvist really was the man tonight no doubt.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think after G gets back and they play towards the end of Feb., they really should start resting bodies if they can.

Sid just looks like he could use a break but especially the D.
I see no harm in bringing up a Wars, Ruh or Gaunce if you can and getting key guys rest back there.

Maybe there is something to Yohe saying some guys are mentally/physically exhausted.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ win

- The team going into coast/collapse mode and blowing the shutout for Murray.
- Kunitz with a selfish move on a 2 on 1 empty net situation to feed Hornqivst for the hat-trick. Says **** you, and shoots it. What a guy

C'mon. Murray and Horny get pluses. Guentzel and to a lesser degree Kuhn and Rowney get smaller pluses.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Injuries are piling up in a very bad way. Rust, Sheary, Hags are 3 speedy wingers we need that give our team an identity. Geno is a star that can win us a game on his own. Getting banged up at a bad time right now.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They would have been blown out of the rink if they played like that against a better team.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kunitz needs to make sure he breaks double digits in goals. More important than a hat trick for the guy who was a catalyst all night.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
To be fair, Horny only had 2 goals because of Kunitz's bold leadership. So, in a way, Kunitz just completed his own hat trick.

Congratulations to Chris Kunitz for the hat trick and to Marc-Andre Fleury for giving up no goals.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That EN:

raw

+ Horny. Fire in the belly.
+ Murray. Clinical.
+ Cole. Solid, physical d.
+ Rowney. Never gives up possession.
+ Guentzel. Crafty and smart.
+ Cullen. Had jump all game.

- Crosby. Unfocused.
- Letang. Duhhhh.
- Bones. Does he do anything positive right now?
- Sully. Clean up your lines, man. They are a mess.
----------- Kunitz. Lazy, dumb, and selfish.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think after G gets back and they play towards the end of Feb., they really should start resting bodies if they can.

Sid just looks like he could use a break but especially the D.
I see no harm in bringing up a Wars, Ruh or Gaunce if you can and getting key guys rest back there.

Maybe there is something to Yohe saying some guys are mentally/physically exhausted.

I am absolutely convinced this is why we didn't see Geno 7-10 days ago, when he was 90-95%. Sully said it yesterday. He wants Geno to recover 'the right way'. Really have to give him props. He knows guys are banged up. He knows HBK has been dog****. So, he knows what a fully healthy and rested Geno will mean right now and for the playoffs.

Injuries are piling up in a very bad way. Rust, Sheary, Hags are 3 speedy wingers we need that give our team an identity. Geno is a star that can win us a game on his own. Getting banged up at a bad time right now.

As long as Geno doesn't go overboard trying to do it all himself, he might just be in that god mode for a stretch after he returns.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So I wasn't imaging Hornqvist skating with Kunitz on that 2 on 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad