Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Yotes 2 - The Thank God It Was Arizona Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
looked like slightly better ice time for beau. I missed the first 50 minutes - how did he look?

BB has put a couple of strong games together. He was getting second unit PP time and is starting to look more confident and more like himself.

Both he and Spaling have been taking the body as well as anyone on the team the last few games. I'd say Kunitz has been the only one better.

Funny you should ask. We were instructed by a DK Tweet to "isolate on BB every shift!" In a Mackey-worthy attempt to build a swell of anti-BB sentiment amongst fans....

Hilariously, BB had one of his stronger games in weeks IMO.

Glad it blew up in his face.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
We all need to pray to the hockey gods: Please leave winnik on the top line. Please leave kunitz and letang on the second power play.

More like we need to pray to the hockey gods that Letang will be back this season. I'll take him on the first power play over not playing at all 100 times out of 100.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The highlights on NHL.com show Letang's face. Man that looked like a bad one. He's going to have a very sore back and neck on top of that too. I hope he doesn't force himself back into the lineup right away. Keep him out until the last game or two of the season at least.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The Pens once hired a coach who did not speak a word of English to make Jagr happy. I think that he just pointed a lot and drew stick figures on a board.

So it could be worse.

Far as I can tell he just chain smoked outside Mellon on the balcony above employee parking. If he talked to the team at all, it wasn't during intermissions.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
so, uh, if Letang is out, it's time to LTIR Ehrhoff so they don't play 5D, right?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
For the second time in just over a week the Pittsburgh Penguins faced the Arizona Coyotes and for the second time they struggled to beat them. Last week in Phoenix they edged out a 3-1 win thanks in part to a fluke goal by Sutter and an Empty net goal by Sidney Crosby. Today they won thanks to a dominant performance by Crosby in the third period which helped change the game in the Penguins favour with them scoring three goals 4:08 minutes apart.

The Penguins dominated on the shots again but Mike Smith stood firm to deny the Penguins as much as possible, including some acrobatic saves. The Penguins were buoyed by the return of Evgeni Malkin and Patric Hornqvist before the game, which softened the blow of Perron missing out due to illness, but their first period play felt flat. The first period was quite even with the shots only just 14-13 in Pittsburgh's favour and the Coyotes wasted a good chance to go in the lead with a 5 minute power-play after Comeau was ejected due to what was perceived to be a boarding major.

Read more; http://t.co/g6r1RBsSZv

Up next; San Jose.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
BB has put a couple of strong games together. He was getting second unit PP time and is starting to look more confident and more like himself.

Both he and Spaling have been taking the body as well as anyone on the team the last few games. I'd say Kunitz has been the only one better.

Glad it blew up in his face.

didn't really blow up, he just quit retweeting them once they all became positive

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
In DK's defense, he did put up a positive tweet...but yeah, he seemed to lose interest in the experiment pretty quickly once BB started putting in a strong game.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I hate to rain on everybody's parade, but the pens just beat the dessert rats by one goal, definitely not a playoff team. Probably the W-Bs would have won by two goals.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
didn't really blow up, he just quit retweeting them once they all became positive

It's pretty clear what he was doing and things didn't go the way he was hoping.

In DK's defense, he did put up a positive tweet...but yeah, he seemed to lose interest in the experiment pretty quickly once BB started putting in a strong game.

I wonder why he lost interest in his little experiment?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hate to rain on everybody's parade, but the pens just beat the dessert rats by one goal, definitely not a playoff team. Probably the W-Bs would have won by two goals.

I do not think that you have been reading here or you would know that no one has a parade to rain on. I don't think that the player's own mothers give them a chance of winning the first round of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad