Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Yotes 2 - The Thank God It Was Arizona Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No it is the corpse of Chris Kunitz!

You ****ing lose!

Dude, I said the corpse on the left and the LW on the right in my original post. :rant:

All seriousness, I do think Perron on Geno's LW happens when he returns.

Beau on the RW won't happen. We both know that.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sooooo the KHL is the NHL? :laugh: did you see what a last few stints were like in the NHL? He makes bylsma look like Scotty B.

Remember how bad Maurice was in his Toronto stint and second one in Carolina. Then he took time off and returned and now is doing well again.

Coaches need to step away for a while, go somewhere else to come back fresher.

Other than Babcock, who won't be fired, I don't want any fired head coach. I want a fresh start, with new ideas.

And a guy who has been in Russia lately has plenty of appeal to me, considering we have the best Russian player in the NHL.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
So Harrington gets his shot?

At least there's that.

Unless the coaches think that Domoulin would be a huge detriment in comparison to Harrington, Domoulin should be up.

Harrington is still waiver exempt next year. Domoulin will either have to be up with the Pens next year or risk being lost on waivers at the start of the season.

Also, unless Keenan has had a personality transplant and completely changed his approach to how he treats his players and the front office in the KHL, I would expect Keenan to be worse than Torts in VAN. It is a complete mismatch.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Remember how bad Maurice was in his Toronto stint and second one in Carolina. Then he took time off and returned and now is doing well again.

Coaches need to step away for a while, go somewhere else to come back fresher.

Other than Babcock, who won't be fired, I don't want any fired head coach. I want a fresh start, with new ideas.

And a guy who has been in Russia lately has plenty of appeal to me, considering we have the best Russian player in the NHL.

Honestly, while I get the rationale, Mike Keenan wouldn't be my first choice.

That said, any coach who would try to maximize the impact of Sid and Geno would be better than this coach or his predecessor.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
But BB surfs and plays the piano!

Why doesn't Billy G like him? Did BB not let Guerin club him with his stick in practice?

Billy met too many of Beau's kind when he played. He won't stand for that ****.

Unrelated:

having watched like 13 Ducks games over the past month, I have to say: getting Kesler would have been great for this team. Just an awesome player.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dude, I said the corpse on the left and the LW on the right in my original post. :rant:

All seriousness, I do think Perron on Geno's LW happens when he returns.

Beau on the RW won't happen. We both know that.

Ya it won't happen, obviously. But having Perron there should be fun. I think those two play a similar e-w game and they will flow well. May take some time, but that's expected.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Honestly, while I get the rationale, Mike Keenan wouldn't be my first choice.

That said, any coach who would try to maximize the impact of Sid and Geno would be better than this coach or his predecessor.

Yeah, and quite frankly I don't trust any 'hotshot' coach anymore. Guy Boucher was supposedly going to revolutionize offensive hockey, and he was all about a 1-4 forecheck! :shakehead I remember Patrick Roy telling anybody who would listen to him that Boucher was, in fact, a defensive coach (not offensive).

Johnston, same thing. He was supposed to be a great offensive coach because of the way his teams played in the Dub, but he's been excruciatingly defensive minded and passive beyond comprehension.

We need someone a lot more obvious.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Also I know people really like Winnik on Crosby's wing, but I thought Winnik looked poor there outside of the last period (missing passes, wrong tempo, Hornqvist was frequently the F3 on the forecheck?, turnovers, stopped skating, etc). That said, he usually has one period or a couple of plays that look good.

The past two games have been very uneven from Winnik for me.

I am not convinced Winnik-Crosby-Hornqvist has long-term (through playoffs) viability.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Also I know people really like Winnik on Crosby's wing, but I thought Winnik looked poor there outside of the last period (missing passes, wrong tempo, Hornqvist was frequently the F3 on the forecheck?, turnovers, stopped skating).

The past two games have been very uneven from Winnik for me.

Winnik's a band-aid solution. One of many within this organization.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, and quite frankly I don't trust any 'hotshot' coach anymore. Guy Boucher was supposedly going to revolutionize offensive hockey, and he was all about a 1-4 forecheck! :shakehead I remember Patrick Roy telling anybody who would listen to him that Boucher was, in fact, a defensive coach (not offensive).

Johnston, same thing. He was supposed to be a great offensive coach because of the way his teams played in the Dub, but he's been excruciatingly defensive minded and passive beyond comprehension.

We need someone a lot more obvious.

BB would probably be the best coach we could hire. If a guy's strengths work for Crosby/Malkin then you should go for him. He also calls out his own players as we saw in the 24/7 HBO series. Depends how Ducks do, BB might not be back with them next season and be a FA.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Billy met too many of Beau's kind when he played. He won't stand for that ****.

Talented players?

Unrelated:

having watched like 13 Ducks games over the past month, I have to say: getting Kesler would have been great for this team. Just an awesome player.

He's a good player, but I didn't want to give up DP for him.

Maybe if it was Despres instead....

Winnik's a band-aid solution. One of many within this organization.

Ya but he's better than Kunitz.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
looked like slightly better ice time for beau. I missed the first 50 minutes - how did he look?

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
So we get our 2 top goal scorers back but lose our franchise defensemen for probably the season, that sounds like the Penguins we all know and love.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
looked like slightly better ice time for beau. I missed the first 50 minutes - how did he look?

Funny you should ask. We were instructed by a DK Tweet to "isolate on BB every shift!" In a Mackey-worthy attempt to build a swell of anti-BB sentiment amongst fans....

Hilariously, BB had one of his stronger games in weeks IMO.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
We all need to pray to the hockey gods: Please leave winnik on the top line. Please leave kunitz and letang on the second power play.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens once hired a coach who did not speak a word of English to make Jagr happy. I think that he just pointed a lot and drew stick figures on a board.

So it could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad