Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
mmm, dessert rats
0d51b1471a7235a52cbe22af6322af9c.jpg

Penguinzilla*

This seems to be one of the worst seasons ever for some reason. It just sucks. If Sid wins the Art Ross I'll be happy, he's deserved them all for the past 5 years or so. Anyone else have a feeling of ... just... suck for the next 5 years, then Sid/Geno will be too old, and the suck will continue for a long time.

debbie-downer.jpg

I'm kidding! We're gonna win the Cup.

Penguinzilla*

+ Ian Cole for saying something. At least he said something. We've had enough passive cliche responses

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
This seems to be one of the worst seasons ever for some reason. It just sucks. If Sid wins the Art Ross I'll be happy, he's deserved them all for the past 5 years or so. Anyone else have a feeling of ... just... suck for the next 5 years, then Sid/Geno will be too old, and the suck will continue for a long time.
Their play will definitely decline a bit...our real ace in the hole is if Olli bounces back from everything this year and becomes the Lidstrom Jr. that we all hope he can be.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
If Letang cant play tomorrow, do we just play with 5 Defenseman to start the game?

Are we able to send Kunitz down to the minors to clear up cap space and bring up Harrington and Farnham?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I didn't want to clutter up the injury thread.

“Doan was running around like an idiot today,†defenseman Ian Cole said.
“It looked late to me,†Cole said. “That said, the ref was looking at it, and he told us he didn't think it was late. I thought it was late. Not super late but late. It's an extremely awkward spot for a defenseman to be in.â€
“It's awful,†Doan said. “When it happened, I could tell right away he went into the boards awkwardly. He's so good, you can't let him jump by you. I wanted to get a piece of him so he couldn't jump by me. We have to finish our checks on him. I didn't mean to hit him like that. You never want to see that, especially a guy of his caliber and everything he's been through the past few years.â€
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/8067735-74/letang-doan-hit

Fordy

May 28, 2008
In DK's defense, he did put up a positive tweet...but yeah, he seemed to lose interest in the experiment pretty quickly once BB started putting in a strong game.

there were at least 3-4 other positive tweets that came after that last one that he ignored

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
If only Letang had Adams durability talent ..... **** man! I still can't believe Letang can be done for a long time! Praying for the best!
Every forechecker on every team wants to crush Letang, and he plays 25+ mins a night, so there's ample opportunity. Pretty much no one ever would purposely hit Adams, because it's not worth the energy...no surprise why he's such an ironman.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't mean to be overly critical, but If I were a coach, id demote a guy for hurting adams.... there is no reason to give them any chance of finding a better option...

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Every forechecker on every team wants to crush Letang, and he plays 25+ mins a night, so there's ample opportunity. Pretty much no one ever would purposely hit Adams, because it's not worth the energy...no surprise why he's such an ironman.

But Adams' entire existence is blocking shots and being too feeble to do anything (Craigers is an easy as **** target), even if he's constructed himself a hockey suit of armour it's insane. Like you think he'd have been taken out by a puck to the face or something like that a few times by now, you'd be wrong, but you'd think it. I don't even want to know how many total minutes they've played on this team compared to each other, tbh.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We all need to pray to the hockey gods: Please leave winnik on the top line. Please leave kunitz and letang on the second power play.

The easiest decision for me is when Perron gets back, throw him on Geno's LW.

Winnik-Sid-Horny
Perron-Geno-Comeau/Downie/Bennett

If they ever hit a rut, flip Perron and Winnik and/or try one of the other 2 on Geno's RW.

Will be interesting if Kunitz continues to play on Geno's left if we have a full compliment of forwards. NM, he'll play there. What was i thinking?

Last edited:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

debbie-downer.jpg

I'm kidding! We're gonna win the Cup.

Well for all of the drafting and money thrown into the defense the past 10 years.... It now has to be retooled in a big way. Plus theres this glut of defensemen waiting to come up from WB. What are the Pens going to have Letang and Cole with a bunch of defensemen under 25. One of Martin, Erhoff, Lovejoy and Scuds has to stay, I guess go with the cheapest option.

I'm hoping that size and a buzz factor are looked at for bottom six duty. Guys like Talbot, TK, Roberts, Roo, Rupper... These were guys that can sense when the team was flat. They would go out and change the tempo of the game with one energy filled shift.

Sid and Malkin need players that are going to lure away from them. Guys that can skate with the puck on their own. Not a Kessel of Kovy that will take a headman pass and put every puck on net but like what Jagr or Voracek do for Giroux. Give and go, bring pucks up ice and make plays up and down the wing.

The only players we've seen do that over the past few years was a younger Kunitz and Sullivan. The rest of these players feed off Sid and Malkin there needs to be more of a Tanguay/ Forsberg situation.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Here is a plus that I don't think anyone has mentioned.

+ Crosby not getting seriously injured after his goal. I swear I saw a skate come right down on his chest....I was surprised with the pens luck that it wasn't a lot worse.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

+ Crosby not getting seriously injured after his goal. I swear I saw a skate come right down on his chest....I was surprised with the pens luck that it wasn't a lot worse.

I get a little worried when there are those big pileups of players. It seems ripe for a Taylor Hall taking a skate to the face situation.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yeah, I saw the replay and that could have ended badly and it would be so Pens for it to happen. I'm surprised there aren't more skate injuries in general, though.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Hornqvist didn't have a point in this game, but he was causing havoc for every single goal. He's such a valuable piece for us.

winnik3.28.15web2.gif

downie3.28.15web.gif

crosby3.28.15web.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad