Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: Geno then Murray then Fehr Drop the Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They seem mega focused. The extra day off is probably a good thing. They really seem in the moment. More and more credit to Sully.

Confounding Factor

It Was A Good Day
Oct 12, 2013
Lollllll at Flyers fans omg never seen so much salt over anything. I'm dying laughing.

Win it at home and give Crosby the CS would bring Philly to its knees.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Part of me is all "guys, step away from your pre-existing malice and just watch for a few minutes" while the other part of me is full on Emperor Palpatine. Let the hate flow.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
They seem mega focused. The extra day off is probably a good thing. They really seem in the moment. More and more credit to Sully.

Not trolling: after game 2, I thought Sid was as focused and calm as I'd ever seen a player and that he was going to dominate. He was fine in games 3 and 4, but definitely not as strong as 1 and 2 (I think part of that is Sheary is just not providing anything, but Sid has made some bad decisions, too). I love their focus, but until I see them do it, I'm not sure it will translate to anything.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's an interesting dynamic considering that everyone hates us. :laugh:

It's really weird, to be honest. Aside from all the shot blocking (which I still maintain is tertiary to their overall strategy/philosophy), they are an enjoyable team to watch full of what seems to be a bunch of good guys. There aren't any obvious rats on this team. They always say the right thing and then go back their words up on the ice.

I knew there was a lot of Penguins hatred league wide for whatever reason. But I guess I didn't quite understand the creepy levels of utter and complete loathing that I've been seeing all playoffs. The Penguins are mis-cast as the heel or bad guy, despite the insistence of fans and even hockey media (and certainly the ****-ass broadcast team and between-periods studio clowns). But obviously I'm a wee bit biased, I suppose.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016

It feels like they don't do as well with extra time off. Hopefully they just close it out at home on Thursday. Yeah Sully has gotten them in a great mind set of playing their role and keep doing it no matter the score.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Death Star gets blowed the **** up and the empire loses, guys.

Yeah... I was gonna say... perhaps we should stay away from that comparison. It doesn't seem to end well for them. Though considering Disney owns the rights to infinite sequels... we'll probably never find out for certain.

I didn't mean to imply that there was any shame in it, I love Hall & Oates. I'm such a nerd I even watched Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall. :laugh:

HA! I can't really match that level of fandom. They were a favorite of mine (along with Huey Lewis and his News) when I was a little kid, for some weird reason. And "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" is underrated as all get-out. But I mostly wanted to quote one of my favorite episodes of Sunny, as you noticed.

Hey guys... Darren Dreger said that was one of the best anthems ever. So I must be wrong. My mistake.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
It's really weird, to be honest. Aside from all the shot blocking (which I still maintain is tertiary to their overall strategy/philosophy), they are an enjoyable team to watch full of what seems to be a bunch of good guys. There aren't any obvious rats on this team. They always say the right thing and then go back their words up on the ice.

I knew there was a lot of Penguins hatred league wide for whatever reason. But I guess I didn't quite understand the creepy levels of utter and complete loathing that I've been seeing all playoffs. The Penguins are mis-cast as the heel or bad guy, despite the insistence of fans and even hockey media (and certainly the ****-ass broadcast team and between-periods studio clowns). But obviously I'm a wee bit biased, I suppose.

"This Is Our Nightmare"

:laugh: Just unbelievable stuff. Good times.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Lollllll at Flyers fans omg never seen so much salt over anything. I'm dying laughing.

Win it at home and give Crosby the CS would bring Philly to its knees.

I'll admit it, I went and looked after I saw your post, and just wow.

I don't know if I have ever seen so many wrong opinions in my life. I can't tell if they're serious, or just saying it to kill the pain. Because they must know this team is set up to be very good for years.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013

It's never made much sense to me. I'm guessing it was just jealousy based on drafting both Sid and Geno, which then spread like wildfire due to the fact that we went to the cup finals twice in a row in 08/09? It was just the cool thing to do to hate the best team in the league? :dunno:

But at a certain point I would think that you'd have to ask yourself why you hate the Pens when you don't hate the Blackhawks or the Kings. But that doesn't seem to have happened. I think most of them hate the Pens for no reason other than that they know someone else who don't like the Pens. It's like an ocean current of idiots who have no idea why they're moving in any given direction, but just going along with the flow. And what sucks is that the media seems to have really embraced it at this point, which obviously makes it worse.

Right now, I don't give a **** what they think. I actually think it's funny that they waste their time hating a good team when they likely don't even have an understanding of why they hate the team.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Right now, I don't give a **** what they think. I actually think it's funny that they waste their time hating a good team when they likely don't even have an understanding of why they hate the team.

Oh, for sure. I embraced it a long time ago. The howling is just particularly strident, right the moment. Frankly, I love it. It's just puzzling. But then again... if you can count on one thing it's this -- people are stupid.

Hey... time to put on my abrasive tin foil hat for a second. Anyone notice that the Shark's bench gate seems to swing open an awful lot while there are Penguins skaters in the area? And often times without a change in personnel! Strange. That's awfully dangerous but I'm sure it's just some innocent butterfinger over there. Purely accidental, I'd wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad