Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Panthers 2 (OT): Kunitz Elevates Sid, Leads Pens to Two Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Porter.

And the new Kunitz, Scuderi, Dupuis, Lovejoy, Adams, Orpik, Zatkoff... Steigy moves on quickly and easily.

Yeah, he basically just finds the worst or oldest players on the team and starts hanging posters up in his room. Errey does the same thing now and I find both of them so insufferable that I typically watch the away feed on Game Center.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, he basically just finds the worst or oldest players on the team and starts hanging posters up in his room. Errey does the same thing now and I find both of them so insufferable that I typically watch the away feed on Game Center.

I think I've figured it out. If Steigy likes the person he tries to protect them (delusions of grandeur with the org or only from the fans, idk) from their crap and he'll throw players he isn't fwiends with under the bus to help the cause.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

I watch the home feed. I get a good mix of other teams' guys to compare with Errey and Steigerwald. There others just as bad. I think it's the Dallas crew I remember really enjoying.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I watch the home feed. I get a good mix of other teams' guys to compare with Errey and Steigerwald. There others just as bad. I think it's the Dallas crew I remember really enjoying.

I think every one of the California teams has a tremendous crew, although SJ's took a hit when they lost Drew Remenda

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I think every one of the California teams has a tremendous crew, although SJ's took a hit when they lost Drew Remenda

SJ fired Remenda because he criticized the direction of the organization, but he was usually a huge homer during broadcasts (although most local announcers are).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
SJ fired Remenda because he criticized the direction of the organization, but he was usually a huge homer during broadcasts (although most local announcers are).

I don't notice much homerism from them, but it may be in part because I'm simply not invested in the outcome of their games more than twice a year.

For me, there's a very defined bottom

30. Bruins
29. Canucks
28. Penguins

a whole lot of everyone else

and then

Stars, Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Blues (I think Darren Pang is the absolute best at playing it down the middle), and two of the Canadian guys (Miller and Cuthbert) at the top.

In other words, I hate the vast majority of announcing teams.

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The old Rangers duo of Sam Rosen and JD was perfection. Great balance of storytelling, great play-by-play, very personable guys, and not homers.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hughson really became unbearable the last few years. Sounded like he was going to off himself when the canucks got scored on.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't notice much homerism from them, but it may be in part because I'm simply not invested in the outcome of their games more than twice a year.

30. Bruins
29. Canucks
28. Penguins

and then

Stars, Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Blues (I think Darren Pang is the absolute best at playing it down the middle), and two of the Canadian guys (Miller and Cuthbert) at the top.

In other words, I hate the vast majority of announcing teams.

Yup I agree. Although I think I dislike Buffalo and Detroit more than most. I'd probably go:

30. Detroit
29. Buffalo
28. Pittsburgh
27. Boston
26. Columbus (not infuriating, just really bad)

canyon of mediocrity

5. Blues
4. Ducks
3. LA
2. San Jose
1. Dallas

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yup I agree. Although I think I dislike Buffalo and Detroit more than most. I'd probably go:

30. Detroit
29. Buffalo
28. Pittsburgh
27. Boston
26. Columbus (not infuriating, just really bad)

canyon of mediocrity

5. Blues
4. Ducks
3. LA
2. San Jose
1. Dallas

Detroit for me was RIGHT after Pittsburgh. Horrible thought processes AND the second most-annoying voice in the business (Kermit the frog from Vancouver)

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Put it on mute, let your eyes tell you what you are watching. All are nothing more than a bunch of cheerleading homers. The only play by play guy worth listening to is Doc Emerick.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The old Rangers duo of Sam Rosen and JD was perfection. Great balance of storytelling, great play-by-play, very personable guys, and not homers.
The same guys that called Jim Kyte "a jerk" for going after Colin Wilson when he almost took Marios eye out or played the violin for Graves after the ax swing. Seeing Messiers BS but calling Kaspers hip checks dirty.

I would agree that both were great... When not calling Ranger games.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

30. Bruins
29. Canucks
28. Penguins

ya, but how many of them have a "hall of fame broadcaster" banished to radio?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Any team that has Potvin goes to the bottom of my list. That guy needs throat punched.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Think I remember watching the minnesota feed one game last season and really enjoying the commentary, though that might just be because they seemed to concentrate all the criticism of the pens play in the first period on kunitz.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Put it on mute, let your eyes tell you what you are watching. All are nothing more than a bunch of cheerleading homers. The only play by play guy worth listening to is Doc Emerick.

I agree with you on how worthless announcers are, but Emerick has a voice made for a mime.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Screw em all, give me Thorne and Clement again. Thorne was a baseball announcer primarily and called a better game than most of the current nhl announcers.

Olczyck and Mcguire make the nbc games unbearable even with doc.

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
Screw em all, give me Thorne and Clement again. Thorne was a baseball announcer primarily and called a better game than most of the current nhl announcers.

Olczyck and Mcguire make the nbc games unbearable even with doc.
Gary Thorne, forever and always.

*Broken video link, womp womp*

Pang and Clement great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad