Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Caps 2: The ColePens Has a Heart Attack Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I personally don't care about his status as a Pens prospect or if he ever plays again. I just think it's harsh to judge him based on the circumstances.

I didn't think Pouliot looked like anything special for most of the year. It wasn't until two or three games before he got perma-benched that I thought his game started coming together, so I certainly didn't expect anything close to average in this situation.

Yeah I didn't expect him to dominate and I expected nerves, but he looked tentative the whole night to me, outside of the offensive zone later in the game. To me, he just seemed to lack a sense of urgency and that's something I think that's dogged him for a while. Hopefully this game was a wake up call and he plays with more urgency next game.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
They're gonna need him with Letang likely out tomorrow. I thought he was better in the third. You just have to hope he'll get more comfortable.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If the league is stupid enough to suspend Letang, and the Pens win despite Letang being out, the Caps will be mentally broken.

Letang is the one player I would not want to see the Pens lose. However the Pens certainly can win a game without him.

The Caps came out flying after the Orpik suspension. I would imagine that the Pens would be pissed and would do the same. They still have the last change and can mitigate matchup issues as well.

Do it and the Caps may not even show for game five, at least mentally.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Big Minus to the guy that said Murray would get the shutout with like 10 minutes left in the game. You suck.....:shakehead

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If the league is stupid enough to suspend Letang, and the Pens win despite Letang being out, the Caps will be mentally broken.

Letang is the one player I would not want to see the Pens lose. However the Pens certainly can win a game without him.

The Caps came out flying after the Orpik suspension. I would imagine that the Pens would be pissed and would do the same. They still have the last change and can mitigate matchup issues as well.

For sure, but man, I don't see our blueline being able to withstand the pressure the Caps would put on knowing Letang is out.

Big Minus to the guy that said Murray would get the shutout with like 10 minutes left in the game. You suck.....:shakehead

Jinxes aren't real.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015

We can definitely win the next game without Letang, epsecially at home. One huge factor though, Crosby & Malkin need to take over the ****ing game, load up the lines, do whatever it takes for one game to help our underwhelming defense. Give them alteast 4 goals to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad