Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Caps 2 (OT): Me So Horny, Me So Horny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I wonder what this guy is up to these days...

capsfan.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll second that. I think that line really is the best way to hide Kunitz and if Rust keeps skating like his hair is on fire and Malkin does Malkin things, Kunitz might even score...or something. Maybe.

Well, if you're going to reach in a post, then you may as well not be shy about it. :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Speaking of Caps' tickets, I looked yesterday, lots available for Saturday's game fairly cheap as of last night.

I am wondering if there are a very large number of Pens' fans there as Cap's fans give up their tickets.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Speaking of Caps' tickets, I looked yesterday, lots available for Saturday's game fairly cheap as of last night.

I am wondering if there are a very large number of Pens' fans there as Cap's fans give up their tickets.

I'm going with a few other folks. **** the Caps and their incessant *****ing and whining. Hoping we can end their season.

I have family in the area and they're already crying. They've written off the Caps and are focused on the Redskins now :laugh: "Same old Crapitals."

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm going with a few other folks. **** the Caps and their incessant *****ing and whining. Hoping we can end their season.

I have family in the area and they're already crying. They've written off the Caps and are focused on the Redskins now :laugh: "Same old Crapitals."

I saw on stubhub tickets were as low as just over $100 upper bowl. A little over $250 lower bowl.

I will be watching how many show Saturday. Have a great time and be careful there. All it takes is one idiot to act up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I saw on stubhub tickets were as low as just over $100 upper bowl. A little over $250 lower bowl.

I will be watching how many show Saturday. Have a great time and be careful there. All it takes is one idiot to act up.

Look at Jules' profile pic. Dude looks scary as hell. Would you mess with him? :sarcasm:

Have fun Jules. :handclap:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Been contemplating driving from NJ for the game Saturday. Gonna keep an eye on tickets.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
warning: this is not a jinx post; this is a kings fan appreciating a good hockey team, smart management moves, and players knowing their roles

i don't think i can recall a team making so many important impactful tweaks to their team in less than 8months than the pens did

they went from a bubble team to a Stanley cup contender

i mean Rust, Dumoulin, Daley, Hagelin, Sheary, Cullen, Kuhnhackl, Murray, Bonino... so much depth :amazed:

nevermind that Letang and Hornqvist are beasting

and that it's status quo for Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel

regardless of what happens, this is a success story on so many levels

what's not to like!? congrats!

Respect :cheers:.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Sutter really wasn't a good hockey player. Too small to be a shutdown center. Not offensively gifted enough to be a scoring center. No vision or playmaking skills. We killed Vancouver in that trade.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
That wrister from the right circle was lethal. Was defensively responsible too. Overall though, I really don't miss Sutter.

Honestly, I don't think Sutter does well with Kessel and Hagelin. Sutter was never one to really use his wings effectively, had one of the worst corsi ratings in the league, and would vanish for long periods of time.

Sutter has his strengths, but commanding a forward line isn't one of them.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The funny thing with so many Caps' fans is that they have so much trouble with cause and effect relationships.

I keep reading over and over some version of:

'How are we losing to such a bad defense and a rookie goalie.'

And

'We had only scored 1.5 goals a game. If only the Caps score more goals they will still win this series.'

Does it never occur to them that the 'bad' defense and 'lucky bounce' goalie that they are facing may be why they are only scoring 1.5 goals a game?

Pens have the third best GAA in the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...meType=3&sort=goalsAgainstPerGame&aggregate=0

Pens have the sixth best GAA in the trgular season.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...meType=2&sort=goalsAgainstPerGame&aggregate=0

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I love all the talk of grit, character, leadership - like the teams of the past didn't have those things. Completely subjective too.. how do you define any of it?

As i've been saying for years - and been ridiculed for saying - the difference this year is the Penguins have reliable goaltending. Its given their team confidence to step up and do things which seemed impossible in the past. Hockey is all about momentum, and good goaltending can really have an impact on that.

With Fleury in net this series is either tied or 3-1 Washington.. and our talk is about how Crosby has no-showed or why'd we trade Despres for Lovejoy again.

Why did we trade Despres for Lovejoy again?

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
The funny thing with so many Caps' fans is that they have so much trouble with cause and effect relationships.

I keep reading over and over some version of:

'How are we losing to such a bad defense and a rookie goalie.'

And

'We had only scored 1.5 goals a game. If only the Caps score more goals they will still win this series.'

Does it never occur to them that the 'bad' defense and 'lucky bounce' goalie that they are facing may be why they are only scoring 1.5 goals a game?

Pens have the third best GAA in the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...meType=3&sort=goalsAgainstPerGame&aggregate=0

Pens have the sixth best GAA in the trgular season.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...meType=2&sort=goalsAgainstPerGame&aggregate=0

Caps fans have been so arrogant all season long. When we were wiping the floor with them in the regular season, they brought up excuses like Caps aren't trying n such. Bragged about how Kuznetsov is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They still refuse to give credit to any team they face, its all about how Caps are not doing the right things than what Pens are doing. Trotz was asked last night what the Pens did to win, and the first thing outta his mouth was "its not so much as what Pens are doing, it what we aren't doing" then he decided to give us some credit afterwards though. Their players probably feel the same way, if the coach is conveying this kind of message. I honestly haven't hated this type of arrogant team and fanbase in a long time. Hope we beat them in front of their loser crowd.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Caps fans have been so arrogant all season long. When we were wiping the floor with them in the regular season, they brought up excuses like Caps aren't trying n such. Bragged about how Kuznetsov is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They still refuse to give credit to any team they face, its all about how Caps are not doing the right things than what Pens are doing. Trotz was asked last night what the Pens did to win, and the first thing outta his mouth was "its not so much as what Pens are doing, it what we aren't doing" then he decided to give us some credit afterwards though. Their players probably feel the same way, if the coach is conveying this kind of message. I honestly haven't hated this type of arrogant team and fanbase in a long time. Hope we beat them in front of their loser crowd.

Meh, sounds like a lot of our posters during the Bylsma era. They'll catch on eventually.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I still don't get what they were thinking picking up Mike Richards.

Has any player in recent memory fallen off of a cliff as dramatically as he has?

The guy has gone from "the next great Leader in hockey" (though this was always a joke to me) to "Craig Adams".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad