Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Caps 2 (OT): Me So Horny, Me So Horny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
This is us playing with a poor power play as well.

Imagine if that clicked.

They refuse to shoot, i don't get why. Yes the Caps PK is very good, but we setup plenty of them but no one shoots, its like just half of dozen passes back n forth before lose a battle by the boards and the caps player clears it..

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
ugh remember when orlov knocked hags into holtby, resulting in hags going head first into the ice, and one of the caps gave him a little shot while he was still facedown on the ice? that still makes me angry.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
ugh remember when orlov knocked hags into holtby, resulting in hags going head first into the ice, and one of the caps gave him a little shot while he was still facedown on the ice? that still makes me angry.

This is where the NHL drops the ball. It simply would not happen if they did not allow it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I still don't get what they were thinking picking up Mike Richards.

Has any player in recent memory fallen off of a cliff as dramatically as he has?

The guy has gone from "the next great Leader in hockey" (though this was always a joke to me) to "Craig Adams".

The internal alternative is Sill. Richards is a nothing now, but I'm not sure he doesn't still do more for you than Sill does.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I still don't get what they were thinking picking up Mike Richards.

Has any player in recent memory fallen off of a cliff as dramatically as he has?

The guy has gone from "the next great Leader in hockey" (though this was always a joke to me) to "Craig Adams".

Mike Richards is pop gun!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The internal alternative is Sill. Richards is a nothing now, but I'm not sure he doesn't still do more for you than Sill does.

And now that you bring THAT (Sill) up.

Why the hell does any team agree to hook up with Hershey as their farm club?

Hershey has no interest in developing players (with the possible exception of goaltenders) for their NHL affiliate. They're one of the more independent AHL teams and cares a lot more about acting autonomously towards winning Calder Cups...

I suppose there has to be some financial advantage...

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Have fun getting drunker tomorrow! :)

Edit: By which I obviously mean today. In 4 hours.

It was just a perfect day. Hornqivst scoring made me feel so good and it was so relaxing to be up 3-1. Ã just dont have to worry about anything atm. Life is good sometimes.

If this is not english I'm sorry, took me like 10 minutes to write this. But it comes with love

EDIT: it comes with love might be the most german line ever

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005

Hershey has no interest in developing players (with the possible exception of goaltenders) for their NHL affiliate. They're one of the more independent AHL teams and cares a lot more about acting autonomously towards winning Calder Cups...

Hershey is arguably the wealthiest team in the AHL. And they pay their free agents, Glen Sather style. Chris Bourque makes 395k with the Bears this season, afaik the highest paid player in the AHL (excluding players on 1-way NHL contracts buried in the minors). And Zach Sill somehow makes 288k this season. That's more than some reliable top 10 AHL scorers, i.e. Dustin Jeffrey, get. So yeah, it's about money and playing for a perennial contender.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If you know you're a career AHL'er, the Hershey Bears is where it's at. You'll make a ton of money winning hockey games.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario

Some ahl Teams are owned by the nhl Hockey club. So, they don't need to make a large profit.... Others are owned by non nhl teams... They want to and need to make a profit... As its a business.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Talking Bonino and Sutter:

Like others, I've entertained the idea of the speedy Sutter with Hagelin and/or Kessel. That was when Bonino was on pace for like 19 points. Bonino now has 25 points in his past 25 games, and has made plays in tight quarters that Sutter would never have made. Sutter was also crap with most linemates.

Bonino has quickly surpassed Sutter's peak usefulness here. Great trade, looking better every game.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hershey is arguably the wealthiest team in the AHL. And they pay their free agents, Glen Sather style. Chris Bourque makes 395k with the Bears this season, afaik the highest paid player in the AHL (excluding players on 1-way NHL contracts buried in the minors). And Zach Sill somehow makes 288k this season. That's more than some reliable top 10 AHL scorers, i.e. Dustin Jeffrey, get. So yeah, it's about money and playing for a perennial contender.

I'm more than well aware of what they can pay. I live right there.

I just don't understand what benefit that has to any NHL club.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Talking Bonino and Sutter:

Like others, I've entertained the idea of the speedy Sutter with Hagelin and/or Kessel. That was when Bonino was on pace for like 19 points. Bonino now has 25 points in his past 25 games, and has made plays in tight quarters that Sutter would never have made. Sutter was also crap with most linemates.

Bonino has quickly surpassed Sutter's peak usefulness here. Great trade, looking better every game.

Sutter wouldn't even be a top 4C on this team. One of the most overrated players in the league. The only thing he does well is PK and a shot off the rush.

Love Bonino. He's 50x the player Sutter is.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
I'm more than well aware of what they can pay. I live right there.

I just don't understand what benefit that has to any NHL club.

There are a ton of players that the Caps have seen graduate from the AHL to the NHL, though. Fehr, Fleischemann, Laich, Beagle, Neuvirth, Holtby, Alzner, Carlson, Steckel, Perreault, Eakin all from 2009-2010 when they won back to back Cups. And they have a new set of prospects there now. So yeah, the Bears do place a lot of weight in guys like Giroux, Aucoin, Bourque, etc, but in the long run, I think having a veteran presence and playing on a team that is consistently competitive has helped the development of a lot of the Caps' prospects.

I'll add to that, too, that the Bears' fans all seem to take on their NHL club as their rooting interest. Back when the Bears were with Philly, and even Colorado, you'd see a lot of those jerseys in the arena. Now, tons of Caps fans.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how Cole got an offsetting minor for roughing when he was just manhandling Wilson in our crease. Wilson kept trying to get **** started but Cole just held him there. Good for Cole, but I have no idea why he got a penalty.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how Cole got an offsetting minor for roughing when he was just manhandling Wilson in our crease. Wilson kept trying to get **** started but Cole just held him there. Good for Cole, but I have no idea why he got a penalty.

That's the refs way of "taking control of the game".

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
The refs take control of a game like a parent who doesn't want to punish only 1 child.

"Both of you are in timeout!! I know Tommy has you in a headlock and was poking you. You should know not to stick your tongue out at him."

They'd be better served during the first goalmouth scrum to send off the guy who after the whistle skates in and starts pushing and cross checking. Just him. Then there's a concrete punishment. If you take off one for each team you effectively done nothing.

Better yet, start handing out instigator penalties for those clowns who skate in, from no where near the play, after the whistle and start a brew-haha.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I used to hate Richards when he was in Philly. Bit of a punk, but a great player. Now I feel bad for him, he has some hard miles on his body and its really starting to show. Hopefully he doesn't become a train wreck after its all said and done.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
the ref's can read minds......and at that moment Cole was thinking all the things he would like to do to Wilson........you know like hate crimes. when the guy who shoots someone six times but he really didn't hate him. that guy gets off free. but then there's Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad