GDT: Pens 2024 Trade Deadline Thread: Jake Shake Talk here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think the thing with him is he is the type of player we succeed at developing, he is NHL ready, and he plays with his heart on his sleeve.
Honestly looks a bit like (younger) Bonino in how he skates and has deceptively good hands and shot.

Both Pono and Koivunen seem to be Carolinas best pro-ready prospects outside of Nishikin. Koivunen will be in the AHL next year and at training camp and Pono should make the team right now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Honestly looks a bit like (younger) Bonino in how he skates and has deceptively good hands and shot.

Both Pono and Koivunen seem to be Carolinas best pro-ready prospects outside of Nishikin. Koivunen will be in the AHL next year and at training camp and Pono should make the team right now.

Koivunen needs at least a year in the AHL to adjust to the rink size and game in the US. I don't see him being a player with the Penguins (especially if we keep Sullivan) with the core.

I don't really have high hopes for him being anything meaningful for this Penguins team.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Koivunen needs at least a year in the AHL to adjust to the rink size and game in the US. I don't see him being a player with the Penguins (especially if we keep Sullivan) with the core.

I don't really have high hopes for him being anything meaningful for this Penguins team.
I don’t think he’ll make the team, but he’s gonna be given an opportunity. Most likely AHL, but he’s still closer than guys like Yager and Pickering.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t think he’ll make the team, but he’s gonna be given an opportunity. Most likely AHL, but he’s still closer than guys like Yager and Pickering.

I'm not sure about that in terms of Yager.

I could see Yager making this team next year if everything falls into place.

Just depends on what exactly the coaching staff expects from him.

Pickering was always a 4-5 year project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad