GDT: Pens 2024 Trade Deadline Thread: Jake Shake Talk here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Okay.... Going to try this again this year. This thread is for Pens trade talk only, Jake, Ruh, Rust, etc. Keep all other trade talk in the other thread please and thanks, some people dont want to read through a bunch of non Pens posts to see whats going on.

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

NHL thread can be found here:

Last edited:

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Bryan Rust is vastly underrated and those type of players are hard to find around here these days. So I’m not shocked that they want to keep him around but will also keep an open mind. I’m more worried about Dubas coming down from his original offer for Guentzel. I hope he stays firm. Especially vs Vancouver whom ducked us around with JT Miller while we lost Chychrun last year.

Reactions: wizmet12

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Bryan Rust is vastly underrated and those type of players are hard to find around here these days. So I’m not shocked that they want to keep him around but will also keep an open mind. I’m more worried about Dubas coming down from his original offer for Guentzel. I hope he stays firm. Especially vs Vancouver whom ducked us around with JT Miller while we lost Chychrun last year.
Guentzels are much harder to find than Rusts.

Reactions: wizmet12

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Lets hold a moment of silence for the hardships Jake Guentzel is about to face - New gloves, new mates, new restaurants, new climate, new time zone, and what not. It's incredible he's even continuing his career to be honest. That's the sort of thing that separates the men from the boys, you know?

I'm not sure how any player could continue without a pair of gloves that smell like a rotten bag of wet farts that's fermented in the sun for 2 months.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'd say Rust has been so vastly overrated by Sullivan, the organization as a whole, and the Pittsburgh media that HFBPens has pushed back so hard on that that he has become underrated on here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People might ask but Sully invokes his veto.

lol we totally are.
I think Jake and his camp not wanting to negotiate during the season and then having Dubas move him has already soured the relationship, I 100% believe the team he goes to, he will sign in season and it'll be hilarious as a f*** you.

Depends what he’d net in a trade. If enough to make it attractive, he is not. Otherwise, he is.
It depends on Rust waiving his NMC, I honestly would hope he does after Jake is moved. I am fine keeping Rakell for Crosby's line.

Rust is almost always missing up to 20 games a season, last year was a fluke it seemed. I think he would actually fetch a great return since he's signed and is still a coveted player around the league.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Rust is underrated, sure, I am a huge fan of the bloke, but I think if you have teams really interested, you listen. There has to be a deal out there for Rust that makes Dubas ask him to waive his clause and if Dubas asks him, at that point does Rust want to stay if the team wanting him is a playoff team?

Reactions: Wattsburgh

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You're nearly in last place with Rust, Jake, Sid.........

What's the point? Yay, we aren't the worst?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think if the offers made sense, they would consider Rust. No doubt teams are like "heeeeeey, we have a thiiiiiird!"

He has more value to us than his likely return

Reactions: Jacob

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I think if the offers made sense, they would consider Rust. No doubt teams are like "heeeeeey, we have a thiiiiiird!"

He has more value to us than his likely return
Yea, especially factoring in his NMC which brings his value down even further, even if there's a suitor he's down to move to.

Rust strikes me as a guy who seems pretty comfy in Mike Sullivan world. I don't see him forcing his way out of Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad