GDT: Pens 2016: You call it a playoff push,I call it a .01% chance for worst collapse ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The Isles players saying the right things about not picking playoff opponents, etc. I guess Jack Cap has different ideas. Even their announcers kind of joked about it.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
anyone able to update that picture showing the Rangers letting the Islanders through the door with the Pens waiting but now the Islanders suddenly turning away from the door and leaving the Rangers just standing there?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Ovechkin hit 50. They're killing the Blues 5-1, so Holtby is getting to tie Brodeur's record for W's in a season (and I'm sure will play tomorrow to break it). STL has 15 SOG, mid 3rd period, so Holtby hasn't had to do much of anything.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sabres win in OT.

Isles beat Flyers = Pens/Isles
Isles lose to Flyers in any way = Pens/Rags

If I'm the Isles, I'm conflicted. I'd rather play the Panthers, but if the Pens have Zatkoff in goal for any length of time...I'd maybe rather play them.

I'd take Zatkoff, he's the level of bad that would sink a team and all they'd have after him is Jarry. Or they'd start with Jarry who has no NHL experience with Zatkoff to fall back on... Both would be appealing. But the thing with the Pens is that Fleury could be back and/or Murray could be back. It's one big question mark and I'd try to avoid that.

All the Isles would need would be for the Pens to come out on Monday and say that Murray is fine and/or Fleury has been cleared.

Would sending MAF to the AHL for a conditioning stint be an option?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ovechkin hit 50. They're killing the Blues, so Holtby is getting to tie Brodeur's record for W's in a season (and I'm sure will play tomorrow to break it). STL has 15 SOG, mid 3rd period, so Holtby hasn't had to do much of anything.

Impressive for Holtby, but that's why they wont win the cup...guy has been exhausted for weeks i have heard.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm watching the Kings-Jets game, and holy cow, the Kings are a great team. Carter just made a downright beautiful pass, it was Crosby-esque. Maybe the Jets just suck, but I gotta think the Kings are among the heavy favorites this year.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Wow i just read Ovechkin is a tier above Crosby (career wise) in the Ovechkin 50 goal thread.

The only area of his game Ovechkin is better in is his goal scoring. But that's partially Sid's fault for often being passive as a playmaker. But as far as total package player, Ovechkin isn't there with Crosby. He just isn't. I guess you could say Ovy is a tier above at running players.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Alright then theres no conflicts for scheduling then. Atleast for Consol. Id assume Baclays/Garden are busier.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Alright then theres no conflicts for scheduling then. Atleast for Consol. Id assume Baclays/Garden are busier.

MSG is open April 16-17 and 19-30. Barclays is open April 17, 20-22, 24, and 26-30.

My guess is if we play the Rangers we start Wednesday and if we play the Islanders we start Thursday.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I'd take Zatkoff, he's the level of bad that would sink a team and all they'd have after him is Jarry. Or they'd start with Jarry who has no NHL experience with Zatkoff to fall back on... Both would be appealing. But the thing with the Pens is that Fleury could be back and/or Murray could be back. It's one big question mark and I'd try to avoid that.

All the Isles would need would be for the Pens to come out on Monday and say that Murray is fine and/or Fleury has been cleared.

Would sending MAF to the AHL for a conditioning stint be an option?

Fleury would have to be put on waivers, so don't think so.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
WBS only has one game between now and the start of the NHL playoffs and it's tomorrow, so there'd be no point.

I wouldn't do it anyway, so much dumb crap happens in the AHL that there's no way I'd risk it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm watching the Kings-Jets game, and holy cow, the Kings are a great team. Carter just made a downright beautiful pass, it was Crosby-esque. Maybe the Jets just suck, but I gotta think the Kings are among the heavy favorites this year.

Jets have climbed back in and are controlling the play. Tie game now.

Also Blake Wheeler is amazing

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh

I agree, I have the Kings coming out of the west. The term "heavy favorites" doesn't apply to 3 SCF playoff rounds though...

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Wow, that was damn close, can't believe he didn't pot that.

Going to shootout.
Shootout records:
Kings - 2-2
Jets - 2-3

Jets take it in the shootout. Both games tomorrow with playoff matchup implications.

Last edited:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
MSG is open April 16-17 and 19-30. Barclays is open April 17, 20-22, 24, and 26-30.

My guess is if we play the Rangers we start Wednesday and if we play the Islanders we start Thursday.

assuming those dates are correct, it looks like we would open Wednesday 13th and Friday 15th and game 3 somewhere in NY on Sunday 17th.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The lapse between Craig Patrick leaving and Ray Shero arriving that allowed Jake Muzzin to slip through the cracks is something I'll never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad