GDT: Pens 2016: You call it a playoff push,I call it a .01% chance for worst collapse ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Do not worry.

He will be there.

chris-kunitz-quote-ive-had-to-make-my-game-more-of-a-speed-game.jpg

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
at this point I am hoping they stay above the 8 seed and that seems pretty reasonable.

although beating the Caps as the 8 seed would be pretty epic and I hate the use of that word.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Have any of you stopped to wonder why Kunitz isn't criticized by his team?

Kunitz is giving 100% effort, the problem is he's declined in athletic ability. What is there to criticize? He can't play any better, in fact it will likely make him play worse. Benching him is not going to solve anything. Kunitz also isn't asking to play top 6 minutes or play with Crosby, it's absolutely silly to think he's doing anything other than what he's told to do by his coach. Even more silly when Kunitz gives the puck away and people here posting angry things as if Kunitz meant to do it.

Kunitz isn't a top 6 player anymore, but not from lack of effort and he's not to blame for his high ice time. I know all of you need a new punching bag since the old one is gone, but stop and consider things instead of just assuming Sullivan is an idiot and no one on the Pens recognizes Kunitz decline.

The video's are there for the whole team to see after every game. It's in the teams best interest to keep Kunitz motivated until a LW is traded for or current LW shows they can handle the minutes and defensive responsibility of the top 6.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's one thing when Kunitz plays over Wilson, Sheary, etc. on a roster but when you eventually have options like Bennett and maybe Geno, theres no excuse to play him in the top 6.

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014

Kunitz is giving 100% effort, the problem is he's declined in athletic ability. What is there to criticize? He can't play any better, in fact it will likely make him play worse. Benching him is not going to solve anything. Kunitz also isn't asking to play top 6 minutes or play with Crosby, it's absolutely silly to think he's doing anything other than what he's told to do by his coach. Even more silly when Kunitz gives the puck away and people here posting angry things as if Kunitz meant to do it.

Kunitz isn't a top 6 player anymore, but not from lack of effort and he's not to blame for his high ice time. I know all of you need a new punching bag since the old one is gone, but stop and consider things instead of just assuming Sullivan is an idiot and no one on the Pens recognizes Kunitz decline.

The video's are there for the whole team to see after every game. It's in the teams best interest to keep Kunitz motivated until a LW is traded for or current LW shows they can handle the minutes and defensive responsibility of the top 6.
It's clear that he's a well-respected guy. I had buddies in football who I knew weren't as talented as other guys but those other guys didn't have my trust. Can that be detrimental? Absolutely. But it's certainly understandable. It's why guys like Kunitz and Scuderi get a free pass even after their skills have very obviously diminished and why guys who are a pain in the butt get run out of town when they don't play exceptionally well.

I'm not sure there will ever be a sports team that operates differently. Personal feelings shouldn't guide team management, but personal feelings will always at least play a role.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

You defended Adams. We told you speed would make a difference. How'd that end up?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You defended Adams. We told you speed would make a difference. How'd that end up?

The biggest difference is an identity to the team. What kind of team did Shero give Bylsma? You can't say, because it was just a jumble of players. Speed has made a difference, but there's many ways to build a team that the Pens management doesn't understand.

I've said several times that Adams was on the wrong team, the Pens need a team around skill, not grinding and leadership. He wouldn't fit the team as it is now, but would have many other teams.

What does this have to do with Kunitz?

Fordy

May 28, 2008

no, because this is hockey and not a different sport where that could ever happen. no one said a word about scuderi either

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
The biggest difference is an identity to the team. What kind of team did Shero give Bylsma? You can't say, because it was just a jumble of players. Speed has made a difference, but there's many ways to build a team that the Pens management doesn't understand.

I've said several times that Adams was on the wrong team, the Pens need a team around skill, not grinding and leadership. He wouldn't fit the team as it is now, but would have many other teams.

If this were the case he'd have a job

Fordy

May 28, 2008

absolute first i'm hearing this. unless you mean the scranton pens?

it has to do with kunitz because this is about assessing players

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pierre doesn't even try anymore. He just simply tries to shell out how much he knows about the kids when they were younger.

****ing idiot.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
God.. not even Washington help us in the playoff push gonna be a way against the flyers this. Wouldnt suprise me if the finish above us when its all said and done.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
God.. not even Washington help us in the playoff push gonna be a way against the flyers this. Wouldnt suprise me if the finish above us when its all said and done.
Well, first WC spot is fine for us, if that. I don´t see Flyers AND the Isles both leapfrogging us in the standings. We also own the tiebreaker over the both teams. Not gonna happen. And the Capitals are quite cold now anyway, not something they should like coming to the playoffs.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Well, first WC spot is fine for us, if that. I don´t see Flyers AND the Isles both leapfrogging us in the standings. We also own the tiebreaker over the both teams. Not gonna happen. And the Capitals are quite cold now anyway, not something they should like coming to the playoffs.

I Kinda hope flyers finish 8. They will be a handful for the caps in the first round.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I Kinda hope flyers finish 8. They will be a handful for the caps in the first round.
Sure, I really really want that series to happen. Then PIT vs PHI for R2. At least the Flyers are not that dirty anymore with Rinaldo now gone. I mean, Gudas is there, maybe White but that´s it.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Sure, I really really want that series to happen. Then PIT vs PHI for R2. At least the Flyers are not that dirty anymore with Rinaldo now gone. I mean, Gudas is there, maybe White but that´s it.

Gudas should be under heavy surveilence tho. Hes had a number of questionable "hits" this year. So it wouldnt suprise me if he crosses the line at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad