GDT: Pens 2016: You call it a playoff push,I call it a .01% chance for worst collapse ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Classic win win!

And we won (as long as Murray is okay) . . . :laugh:

Far as I can tell, the 87 and 13 lines are set, for better or for worse.

I think Kuhn is going to play with Cullen and the other winger will be Rust (if ready) or Fehr.

Pending Rust's health, I see when Malkin returns his more regular line having one of Fehr or Sundqvist AND Sheary definitely as RW.

I don't see a healthy Beau in there unless someone flops OR both Malkin AND Rust are out.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So, Isles lose in regulation and we're set.

Isles get a point and it goes to tomorrow.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, the guys i really want back right now are Maatta and Rust.
Hope we get one or both back to start.

I do think you'll see Beau in there though if he can play.
Sully knows he can produce.

Kunitz-Sid-Horny
Hags-Bones-Phil
Kuhn-Cullen-Fehr
Sheary-Sundqvist-Beau

is what i expect with no Rust.
With Rust, i see Sunny sitting and:

Kuhn-Cullen-Rust
Sheary-Fehr-Beau

If everyone survives and Geno comes back, Sheary/Beau or Rust will sit imo.
Which ever is not lookin' good.
Fehr won't sit.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Well, we are the favourite going into the 1st round, but it could very well come down to goaltending, which is a huge ? for us at the moment.
Really hope that Maatta and Rust are good to go and that Geno is not far behind. Our D is still untested and rely' heavily on Letang. He is going to be a target as always.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Happy as anyone that the Bruins have been eliminated, but I don't think it's much of a collapse.

Since March 1st, the Bruins are 8-8-3

Their regulation losses came to: San Jose (playoffs), Anaheim (playoffs), Los Angeles (playoffs), Rangers (playoffs), Panthers (playoffs), Devils, Blackhawks (playoffs), and Ottawa.

Their OTLs came against the Capitals, Hurricanes, and Hurricanes.

Obviously the 6 points lost against the Devils, Canes, and Sens are bad, but the Canes and Devils gave THIS incarnation of the Penguins fits, so I can't hold it against a bad Bruins team.

They overachieved early on and got beat down by a tough schedule. Don't think that qualifies as a collapse.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
In my mind, Boston is the ****** dystopian hell-hole penal colony of Cambridge. It's basically Escape from New York populated by people MORE unfashionable than Isaac Hayes (driving a car with chandeliers in it!) and a mulleted video game character.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Happy as anyone that the Bruins have been eliminated, but I don't think it's much of a collapse.

Since March 1st, the Bruins are 8-8-3

Their regulation losses came to: San Jose (playoffs), Anaheim (playoffs), Los Angeles (playoffs), Rangers (playoffs), Panthers (playoffs), Devils, Blackhawks (playoffs), and Ottawa.

Their OTLs came against the Capitals, Hurricanes, and Hurricanes.

Obviously the 6 points lost against the Devils, Canes, and Sens are bad, but the Canes and Devils gave THIS incarnation of the Penguins fits, so I can't hold it against a bad Bruins team.

They overachieved early on and got beat down by a tough schedule. Don't think that qualifies as a collapse.

The problem is is that they weren't even competitive in too many of those losses, especially today's.

It's certainly far, far, far away from being a historic choke-job, but it's still a choke-job. Detroit hasn't exactly been crushing it down the stretch, either.

I do agree that they overachieved for the majority of the season, though. This team was good enough to be a wildcard/bubble team, and that's ultimately what they wound up being...unfortunately for the coaching staff there ending the season on such a down note sticks out a lot worse than scuffling in November does.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
And we won (as long as Murray is okay) . . . :laugh:

Far as I can tell, the 87 and 13 lines are set, for better or for worse.

I think Kuhn is going to play with Cullen and the other winger will be Rust (if ready) or Fehr.

Pending Rust's health, I see when Malkin returns his more regular line having one of Fehr or Sundqvist AND Sheary definitely as RW.

I don't see a healthy Beau in there unless someone flops OR both Malkin AND Rust are out.

I'm leaning towards Malkin on wing. 3 scoring lines is a luxury. The team needs Sid going more than he has been. He's got zero help off the rush.

Only concern I'd have is 71 's history is at RW, which means Kunitz stays on the top line and PH bumps a guy like Rust down.

We're still weak on LW. If Malkin isn't filling that hole, then he should be a center.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Go figure Ovechkin will hit 50. I was hoping for a artross winner under 100 points and a rocket winner not getting 50.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Kunitz - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kuhnhackl - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - Bonino - Kessel
Sheary - Cullen - Fehr

I could live with that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Isles/Sabres going to OT.

If the Islanders win, they only need 1 point tomorrow to play the Pens. Should be really interesting, neither the Flyers or Islanders have anything to play for.

Islanders are trying to lose this game, they're playing their AHLers in OT. It took until halfway through OT until any NHL forward (Strome) got to see the ice. And Sabres win.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Sabres win in OT.

Isles beat Flyers = Pens/Isles
Isles lose to Flyers in any way = Pens/Rags

If I'm the Isles, I'm conflicted. I'd rather play the Panthers, but if the Pens have Zatkoff in goal for any length of time...I'd maybe rather play them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If the Islanders win, they only need 1 point tomorrow to play the Pens. Should be really interesting, neither the Flyers or Islanders have anything to play for.

Islanders are trying to lose this game, they're playing their AHLers in OT. It took until halfway through OT until any NHL forward (Strome) got to see the ice. And Sabres win.

So basically after tonight the only team left waiting will be the Pens IF LA wins tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad