GDT: Pens 2016: You call it a playoff push,I call it a .01% chance for worst collapse ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Reading the Isles and Rangers boards this weekend is hilarious. Both fanbases so desperately want to avoid us they are rooting for their arch-rival to pass them in the standings.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
Reading the Isles and Rangers boards this weekend is hilarious. Both fanbases so desperately want to avoid us they are rooting for their arch-rival to pass them in the standings.

Like I said yesterday, can someone update that picture where the Rangers are holding the door open for the Islanders to meet the Penguins, only for the Islanders to suddenly do a 180 and walk away :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't care who we play. If we can get fully healthy in the 1st round, I don't see us having much trouble with anyone in the east.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I don't care who we play. If we can get fully healthy in the 1st round, I don't see us having much trouble with anyone in the east.

Agreed, just wish the Flyers do some damage before getting knocked off. Rags can be handled & same applies to Isles. Caps we can beat, Bruins would have been annoying & Bolts are decimated.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
I love this team and I feel as good as I could heading into the playoffs. My biggest concern is how much the team speed may be neutralized in the playoffs. We all know how much more the play is mucked up with hooking and interference non-calls. That is the biggest question mark in my opinion. Can the team battle through it or can sully manage the match ups and breakouts to negate the officiating?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Twenty four hours ago, I was supremely confident in our chances against either NYR or NYI. Now that Murray's got a concussion (likely), I'm much less so.

MAF looked several notches worse after coming back from his first concussion earlier this season. I can't imagine he'll look much better after his second one this season, coming back to playoff hockey, and likely being cleared before he's 100% over his issues. Same goes for Murray; if we won't have an update until tomorrow, I can't imagine it's very good. The team can spin it however they want and say it was precautionary, but I don't give this team's medical staff or history with injury issues a shred of credibility.

Let's hope one of Fleury or Murray is fine by the time game 1 rolls around, because Zatkoff is garbage.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I love this team and I feel as good as I could heading into the playoffs. My biggest concern is how much the team speed may be neutralized in the playoffs. We all know how much more the play is mucked up with hooking and interference non-calls. That is the biggest question mark in my opinion. Can the team battle through it or can Sully manage the match ups and breakouts to negate the officiating?
Refs... It's their call, literally. Pens/Stars = fun to watch, hopefully NHL catches on to that.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Twenty four hours ago, I was supremely confident in our chances against either NYR or NYI. Now that Murray's got a concussion (likely), I'm much less so.

MAF looked several notches worse after coming back from his first concussion earlier this season. I can't imagine he'll look much better after his second one this season, coming back to playoff hockey, and likely being cleared before he's 100% over his issues. Same goes for Murray; if we won't have an update until tomorrow, I can't imagine it's very good. The team can spin it however they want and say it was precautionary, but I don't give this team's medical staff or history with injury issues a shred of credibility.

Let's hope one of Fleury or Murray is fine by the time game 1 rolls around, because Zatkoff is garbage.

There's no reason in the world to think that Murray has a concussion. If he is injured, which isn't likely, it's a whiplash sort of thing.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Unfortunately there have been plenty of players who have sustained concussions from plays that were every bit as harmless looking or moreso. Concussions are weird and difficult to completely get a handle on. It's only just in recent years that they've started taking them seriously. Prior to that... you just "had your bell rung."

I don't know if he does or doesn't but the early indications (re-evaluated in Pittsburgh on Monday, not returning to the bench) seem a little concerning. Lets just hope one of the two is GTG for the start of the real season... or else ol' Autoloss will ensure a quick exit.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
And WBS just signed a goalie today . Too precise to be a coincidence.. This doesnt look good!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I hope so! And believe me when i say that i would be sooooo glad to be wrong :)

I'm honestly not too concerned because I think Fleury is close to being back. Even if he's not quite 100%, I can't imagine he won't play if Murray is out. Unless Fleury making significant progress was just a lie, I don't think he should be out much longer.

I'm also not sold that Murray has a concussion either, I think a neck injury is more likely than a concussion. I'm on the wait and see approach at this point, we just don't know enough yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad