Post-Game Talk: Pens 2 Preds 0|So Long and Thanks For All the Fish|Pens Win Stanley Cup 4-2|Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Congratulations Penguin fans. As with any Cup winner, your team overcame much adversity to prevail. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the run. As you know, championships in professional sports is never easy. Enjoy the summer and everything that goes with it.

Again, congratulations!

CBJ fan,
The Old Guy

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also TEoL or TEotL just might have been Ted Leonsis. Not even kidding after that story of his conspiracy theories came out during these PO's.
That dude loved to post here about Sid's legacy being wasted away.
No where to found now. Heh.

ETA: Again, since this is a new thread, i wanna give props to the classy HF'ers stopping by with their well wishes. Wish nothing but success for your teams in the future.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Craig Adams HF username

I went and read some of his posts (because apparently I'm not too proud for that sort of behavior) and he actually seems like a pretty smart poster. I guess that shouldn't be surprising considering he graduated from Harvard. He definitely has strong opinions about some players, but nothing denying the facts in front of him.

What's really interesting is that he seems to somewhat admire the speed/skill game Sullivan has brought in, despite having been completely unable to play that game himself.

Zags91

Apr 19, 2007
It still hasn't sunk in yet that they won the cup. It's going to be awesome getting a healthy Letang back next season. I really hope he can stay healthy this year, maybe limit his ice time a bit as was mentioned above? With a little retooling, they should be able to get some good results even with him playing a bit less.

I am so glad this is over and we don't have to watch anymore games in Nashville. It felt more like the All-Star game than the Finals.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
This one feels pretty sweet. Love this team. So happy for the team and the fans. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
ETA: Again, since this is a new thread, i wanna give props to the classy HF'ers stopping by with their well wishes. Wish nothing but success for your teams in the future.

Word - particularly from guys whose teams we were spewing bile about all of ten minutes ago.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Click the links ^ and theres alot of good pics in that thread from kikker.

And Cullen's kid in gif form:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
This is also a great time to thank all the posters on this board. You guys and gals really make the long seasons and playoff runs easier to get through. Good insight on games and players, good jokes, and just a good atmosphere all the way around. I'm happy to share a small place of cyberspace with this board!

And remember, there's no off-season on this board. Only a short vacation for a parade!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So Cullen played more than Sid and Geno last night. He played more than everyone but Hainsey and Dumoulin (26 minutes!) 2 minutes more than Sid, 4 more than Malkin. Crazy :laugh:

Kessel was telling his wife last night that she cant let him retire either, its a sign!

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
What a morning. Pens are champs. Again. I'm hung over. Going to work. What a great day:)

I mean what to say that has already been said. Can't believe it. When letang and MM went down, no one thought this possible. MAF carried the torch when he was called upon. I can't thank him enough. It's a shame we can keep him but he's cemented his legacy, good or bad, in Pittsburgh.

I'm legit overjoyed that I was part of it. A group of my friends, who are all habs fans, were watching last night. They were all not invested in the outcome but they were super happy to see them win.

Good times boys n girls.

It WAS a great day for hockey .....

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
On another note ...

Christ, props to the preds. They gave it their all and then some. Sucks that ryjo was injured. Sucks that Ellis may have been hampered. But wow, they took it to the pens. Can't say enough about how stupid good their top 4 is.

Again, big congrats to them. They'll be back in the dance soon. Too much good talent there to not be one of the West front runners.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
eLlcZ2a.gif

This truly was the season of Macho Man. Thanks for being there for us until the end.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Hard to believe they pulled this off. Last years Cup should have been won by the Pens, they were by far the best team and had insane depth. This year they really should have lost at numerous points, they really had to dig deep for this one. Insane resiliency. With the players we've had over the last 12 years, just the 1 Cup in '09 was kind of disappointing, but now with 3 and a back to back this era of the Penguins has exceeded just about any exceptions anyone could have had for this team.

If I'm JR maybe I let Mike Sullivan renegotiate his contract. He deserves to be one of the higher paid coaches in the league. Keep this guy happy and reward him for what he's done for this franchise. As great as the rosters have been in the last 2 years, the coaching staff have been just as good imo.

Really, really cool for MAF and Kunitz to rewrite their legacies for this franchise. I think we all have been really hard on those two over the years for good reason, but MAF was incredible in rounds 1 and 2 and Kunitz had a great final.

The big 3, what is left to say about these guys? Crosby and Malkin are absolute legends in Pittsburgh, and Phil is off to pretty good start with his legacy for this franchise. Yet they've all had their doubters, hopefully they are ready for some more crow to be served:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Phil was hated because the media made him out to be the savior of the Leafs upon arrival. I love Phil, but he's a passenger. He's a damn good passenger, but a passenger nonetheless. Dude was vilified and dragged through the mud for years by the same media that made him out to be what he isn't.

Easier than coming to terms with a **** organization that made a decade's worth of horrible mistakes in the front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad