Penguins Win Lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Spooner said:
12 straight years, best player on the ice...

Why aren't the Pens more highly regarded? Honestly! A dozen!

And before anyone challenges my assertion, I'll just say that Lemieux and Jagr were at least contending for the mantle of best player during those seasons (obviously they didn't win the Hart every year).

And the Pens made the playoffs every year but 1990.

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
The Penguins didnt tank. They are rebuilding. Tanking isnt something you see over a period of years. Its something that happens when you realize that you cant win so you might as well get a higher pick.

No Quarter*

b-mad said:

I really used to have alotta respect for your opinions but after your rambling on this thread (and a couple others) I really lost alot of it.

I agree whole heartedly on the subject of Vlad's senseless rants and poor sportsmanship attitude.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
jimmy page said:
I agree whole heartedly on the subject of Vlad's senseless rants and poor sportsmanship attitude.

Poor sportsmanship attitude?

My rant is ABOUT the lack of things such as these. Amazing how blind people can be. But hey, who cares if we get to watch a 30-team league where a couple of organisations let up on a yearly basis, right? :shakehead

We should just all close our eyes and pretend things are fine, and congratulate teams who pull off those strategies. And not worry that there are teams in this league who are just a total waste of time to watch, and players are dumped left and right :sarcasm:

People can criticize me all they want, but they aren't going to change the facts. People want to watch the best games they can watch. Teams that compete not only usually draw better at home but they draw better on the road.

Why is that, Jimmy?

THIS is what it's about. It should be about hockey fans being in their right to expect owners and GMs do their best to compete, just like the players do.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Jacobv2 said:
Vlad, what are your impressions of Crosby?

Great! Nothing really shocking or anything ;)

Down from the savior talks but definitly an elite prospect. I think his physical strength is overhyped (after having previously been labeled as weakness, which was *********) and his goalscoring ability underhyped.

Have you noticed a thread about the best pure goal scorers in the NHL? I don't think I even saw Mario's name pop up on the thread and he is one of the scariest player around the net with out-of-this-world accuracy. I think Crosby is a lot better goalscorer than he gets credit for but like Mario he uses hockey sense and feeds people so his goalscoring is overlooked. He can be really sneaky, positions himself well or can battle.

He has higher upside than any prospect in a long time but it's a toss up between him and Ovechkin for me as far as prospect rankings, and I'd choose Ovechkin to be on the safe side.

If the NHL is serious about rules changes, it should be an even better day for Pittsburgh.

He is absolutely NOT the next Forsberg and is not going to be as powerful as Peter unless something unexpected happens. He's going to score more goals and is in-between Forsberg and Kariya as far as style and assets he can use.

Everybody is going to love him, I think. He competes really hard. But he's not the superhuman phenom the media have made him out to be, IMO. With the new rules, it's tough to say how it's gonna play out.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
tom_servo said:
And before anyone challenges my assertion, I'll just say that Lemieux and Jagr were at least contending for the mantle of best player during those seasons (obviously they didn't win the Hart every year).

And the Pens made the playoffs every year but 1990.
The Pens made the playoffs every year Jagr was on the team, none of the year's he was off.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Fish on The Sand said:
you've got to be kidding me.

Mario WAS one of the best players in the 00-01 season, and again in the 02-03 season (until he got injury problems)

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Fish on The Sand said:
you've got to be kidding me.

If Mario had returned for the beginning of the 00-01 season, he would have likely won the scoring title if he had the same types of stats for that span.

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
bcrt2000 said:
Mario WAS one of the best players in the 00-01 season, and again in the 02-03 season (until he got injury problems)

When Mario was injured in the 02-03 season, wasn't he leading the points race by a pretty decent margin? It might have been just assists or goals, but I think it was points.

Point is he's Mario Lemieux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad