Penguins Win Lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsBaby18*

Buffaloed said:
Obviously I'd have preferred to see the Sabres win it, but having Crosby in the East is the next best thing. :)

I am happy for the penguins, playing with Mario will be great for him !!! I just didn't wanted that the Maple Leafs land the 1st pick so it's all good, and the Habs got the 5th overall !! And we will get him in 7 years cuz he wants to be a Habs :D

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Rangers pick their lowest in the first round since 1997. Anyone still want to whine how it's fixed or its totally fair? Terrific.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Well i guess the Kings got to where i thought they'd be 10-15 range really wanted a top 10 pick being top ten are quite all amazing then it drops a little still good but no the same oh well..... Ducks got 2nd thats just plain out BS i'm angry now

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Sad day for the NHL. Most ****** franchise gets rewarded for their disgraceful tanking AGAIN :shakehead

I'm hoping a lot of teams in the Pens division will tank over the years and give crappy performances in Pittsburgh. That's what this organization deserves.

Next time there is heated talks and a CBA negociation is looming, you can damn well expect even more teams to tank than what we saw the last two NHL seasons.

Really should have been one ball per team :(

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Lemieux is on TSN via telephone right now.

He said he is very happy to get a chance to play with Sidney, says he is a great player and an even better person. That sounds like something Sidney would say about Mario too.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
If anything, this should solidify them getting that new arena sooner. I think Pitts a good place for Crosby, Lemieux will now have motivation.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Vlad The Impaler said:
Sad day for the NHL. Most ****** franchise gets rewarded for their disgraceful tanking AGAIN :shakehead

Vladdy, even if the Pens did tank in '04, how did that affect this lottery? Should they have made the playoffs that season?

The Pens only had three balls. Maybe they should've given one per team, but the Pens were not unduly rewarded.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Vlad The Impaler said:

I'm hoping a lot of teams in the Pens division will tank over the years and give crappy performances in Pittsburgh. That's what this organization deserves.

Next time there is heated talks and a CBA negociation is looming, you can damn well expect even more teams to tank than what we saw the last two NHL seasons.

Really should have been one ball per team :(
:shakehead
So trying to break even is tanking?

Skroob*

I knew he want coming to NYR, but i at least wanted him on a team that would get coverage (LA, ANA, CHI), but i also didnt want him on a team like CBJ, ATL, or PIT, since they have already stacked themselves with young talent.

like "beauty, eh?" said, they already had a strong future in place with Fleury, Orpik, Malkin, etc. and they get rewarded again. Like anyone outside of pittsburgh is going to care now.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Evilo said:
:shakehead
So trying to break even is tanking?

Bullcrap. They tanked it all the way. And more and more teams are going that way.

Really, I hope you get to watch a lot of boring games over the years as other teams get to do that, so that you'll open your eyes about this.

Trying to break even is what many teams have done over the years, while at least making an effort to be competitive. In Pittsburgh, they traded quality players for crap year after year.

It's not like other teams (Edmonton, Ottawa, etc.) didn't have to make tough financial decisions, you know.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
First off, Congratulations is in order to the Penguins' fanbase.

:clap:

As far talk of a Pittsburgh Dynasty- let's not forget the NHL's new landscape. I wonder how much free space the Pens will have in 3-4 years after Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury sign their RFA deals. Pittsburgh won't be a big market in my lifetime. It'll be interesting to see how competitive they can be with those players commanding nearly half their cap.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
Skroob said:
like "beauty, eh?" said, they already had a strong future in place with Fleury, Orpik, Malkin, etc. and they get rewarded again. Like anyone outside of pittsburgh is going to care now.

I think the NHL is going to market the hell out of him, especially with Lemieux.

If the NHL wants to grow, they need to market guys like Crosby, Lecav, Iginla. They need those guys to become household names. Here's hoping they don't **** it up.

sawtooth420

Jun 20, 2005
The hood'
hey Vlad....HHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA :biglaugh: Sorry buddy, maybe next time! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
LETS GO PENS
66+87+17(MALKIN...wink wink)= :win: :bow:
:pens

mackdogs*

Congrats to the Pens and to Pens fans. I'm happy to see him go there, albeit a lot more happy because he didn't go to certain other teams (TOR, VAN, NYR, CAL). Congrats, it's nice to see him go to a small market that cares about hockey.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Vlad The Impaler said:
Bullcrap. They tanked it all the way. And more and more teams are going that way.

Really, I hope you get to watch a lot of boring games over the years as other teams get to do that, so that you'll open your eyes about this.

Trying to break even is what many teams have done over the years, while at least making an effort to be competitive. In Pittsburgh, they traded quality players for crap year after year.

It's not like other teams (Edmonton, Ottawa, etc.) didn't have to make tough financial decisions, you know.
They would have had the same shot at crosby if they finished 9th in the east the last three years you know. It was just that things went our way today, that's it.

Maybe you can put your personal hatred of the penguins aside and realize that we made the playoffs 11 straight seasons before the last three, and had very good attendance as well. If the pens had a choice between being crappy the last three years and getting to keep jagr, kovalev, straka, lang, etc., they would keep their stars, no doubt about it.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Vladdy - tanked what, exactly? The only thing they needed to do to get the extra ball was miss the playoffs. Are you telling me that they had a chance at the playoffs last season?

I would agree they wanted to secure the best chances for the #1 in '04, but that's irrelevant right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad