GDT: Penguins vs. Flyers Part II - Need a big third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think Bennett is decent but it's time to send him back down to the AHL for the rest of the season. He's clearly not the answer, let's not keep him up here and kill his confidence.

I thought Bennett was the smartest player on the Pens tonight.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I think Bennett is decent but it's time to send him back down to the AHL for the rest of the season. He's clearly not the answer, let's not keep him up here and kill his confidence.

They will send him down before the deadline IMO but I thought he looked pretty good out there at times. He seems to be getting more familiar with where he needs to be and you can see he's a pretty smart player. Liked his skating a lot too. He's not ready for a team like Philly though. He needs to get bigger / stronger / more physical. He can do that in the AHL / this summer.

I like what I see though.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
All these people saying we should have done this or that, or if it wasn't for that fluke goal, or bad penalty, blah blah ****ing blah.

It's a carbon copy of last April, the offsides that wasn't called, etc. They just need a better plan to cope with the ******** that happens during Flyers games. The answer is simple, keep your head. Keep your head and don't take that bad penalty, keep your head and don't make a run at that guy causing an odd man rush, keep your head and don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off leaving gaping holes in the defense and goaltending.

I've played sports, I understand the emotion, but you have to learn how to control your emotions. That's it.

DB - "Sometimes it's good to take a bad penalty"

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The most disappointing part of tonights loss tonight was the fact that the Pens had a chance to exorcise some deamons tonight. Let up the 2-0 lead, went down 2, and came back to tie, only to allow a fluky goal much like last years playoffs to lose. That is going to mess with the mind even more.
The Pens should be numb to it by now. The same crap has been happening for 3 years in a row. The same garbage hockey we saw tonight is the same crap that we saw during the first game at the CEC. I will credit disco for getting pucks in deep and working plays behind the net. So at least it wasn't a carbon copy.

Oh yeah... someone really needs to punch Piere in the face. Why would you out a teams game plan on TV?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The Pens should be numb to it by now. The same crap has been happening for 3 years in a row. The same garbage hockey we saw tonight is the same crap that we saw during the first game at the CEC. I will credit disco for getting pucks in deep and working plays behind the net. So at least it wasn't a carbon copy.

Oh yeah... someone really needs to punch Piere in the face. Why would you out a teams game plan on TV?

If Pierre knows your gameplan, then everybody already knows your gameplan. No secrets there.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
All these people saying we should have done this or that, or if it wasn't for that fluke goal, or bad penalty, blah blah ****ing blah.

It's a carbon copy of last April, the offsides that wasn't called, etc. They just need a better plan to cope with the ******** that happens during Flyers games. The answer is simple, keep your head. Keep your head and don't take that bad penalty, keep your head and don't make a run at that guy causing an odd man rush, keep your head and don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off leaving gaping holes in the defense and goaltending.

I've played sports, I understand the emotion, but you have to learn how to control your emotions. That's it.

Discipline engrained from a quality coaching staff who might have to scream and yell and if it comes to it, scratch the ones ignoring instructions might be a start.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
This team could really use Iginla's leadership. He knows the right way to respond. Maybe it would rub off on the other idiots on this team.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
The difference between a win and a loss was simply goaltending. The difference between this performance and a good performance on the other hand, well, that's a bit different. Even if we had won this one, it still would have been two very deceptive points.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think anyone can point out two goals against Bryz that he was 100%, directly responsible for.

I just disagree. Malkin and Neal got plenty of touches on that 5-on-3.

I mean, the complaint used to be that Crosby got all the right half-board time, but now it's that players pass the puck to him too often when he's on the left side? I dunno, man...

Malkin played 21:30 tonight, with 7:51 on the PP, more than anyone on the roster, for pete's sake.

He got his time.

Letang had a crap game, to be sure.

I don't have a problem with Bylsma's bench management tonight. It was not even close to the reason for this loss.

Our goalie was abysmal. We lost our composure. Our PK was terrible...and here, I will fault Bylsma. Philly makes the PP look way too easy way too often.

1. Malkin's and Neal's 5 on 3 touches came when Talbot's stick was shattered. I invite you to watch ALL of the 5 on 3 time again.

2. Sorry, you may think Geno hitting 21 minutes because of 1/3 being PP time is fine. Me, I looked at the ES ice time through 2 periods, before all those PP's. When the order for forwards in ES ice time is Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz, Malkin, Neal and Dupuis is a minute more than Malkin, something is ****** up.

Now, I appreciate that you refuse to see ANYTHING Byslma does as being wrong, but if you think his bench management had absolutely nothing to do with lessening, even slightly (which IS the point I made and emphasized), the Pens chances to win, then let's just agree to disagree. You can blame the goaltenders. I'll see comprehensive problems. And, we'll call it a day. O'k?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Anyone else completely worried at our lack of success at a place we call home? Much rather be on the road at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad