Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs. Capitals 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Ok, asking this again, since it doesn't really belong in the injury thread: how often were morning skate lines = game lines? Not all the time, no?

Just keeping the hope alive for different D pairings.

Michael8771*

I just don't want to see Geno play wing, enough already!

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm not a person who blames the coaches for everything, but i have no idea what MJ is thinking with Malkin on the wing, its one of the dumbest things i'v ever seen a coach do.

Michael8771*

I'm not a person who blames the coaches for everything, but i have no idea what MJ is thinking with Malkin on the wing, its one of the dumbest things i'v ever seen a coach do.
Agreed, I also feel a Letang-Harrington combo is something that shouldn't be abandoned. I think moving forward that'd be an excellent pairing because of the diverse nature of each player. It's a great mix IMO.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I would guess BB still needs to be cleared for contact, although he and Borts have been skating on their own for a few days. Not sure about Martin.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
That 3rd line is atrocious.

WTF does MJ keep insisting on putting Malkin on the wing? It's almost like an obsession for him. Sutter is NOT a 2C in the league.

LionelHutz*

I look forward to seeing Megna do absolutely nothing as per the norm.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

WTF does MJ keep insisting on putting Malkin on the wing? It's almost like an obsession for him. Sutter is NOT a 2C in the league.

That's what we have to trick the oiler into believing tho to get Hall :sarcasm:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I have no problem with Malkin playing wing, as it's more taxing to play pivot. It's more about the fact that Malkin and Sutter just have no chemistry together.

There really isn't anyone with any skill left to play with Malkin now that Comeau is down, so Sutter makes sense in a vacuum.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

That's the thing, not only are you moving one of the best centers in the league to wing your also killing your 3rd line by moving Sutter to the 2nd line, Goc has shown hes pretty much useless as far as creating any type of offense on that 3rd line.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Why not Martin with Letang, Despres babysitting Scuderi and Harrington and Bortuzzo on the bottom pair.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's the thing, not only are you moving one of the best centers in the league to wing your also killing your 3rd line by moving Sutter to the 2nd line, Goc has shown hes pretty much useless as far as creating any type of offense on that 3rd line.

Devil's Advocate:

I don't like Malkin on the wing either, but I wonder if this move is as much about seeing how the team would fare if Sutter were moved for a winger and Goc became our 3C.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
it's so past time for scuderi to go down for the season. tired of it

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Johnston says guys like Martin and Bennett are "within a few steps" of rejoining the lineup.

maybe Despres actually is the scratch o_O

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Devil's Advocate:

I don't like Malkin on the wing either, but I wonder if this move is as much about seeing how the team would fare if Sutter were moved for a winger and Goc became our 3C.

What Bobby Mac said earlier in the season is that the pens could leave Malkin on the wing and trade for a 3rd line center rather then trading for a top 6 winger.

penguins2946*

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Johnston says guys like Martin and Bennett are "within a few steps" of rejoining the lineup.

maybe Despres actually is the scratch o_O

Despres isn't going to get scratched. Come one now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille