Who should the Jets put in net for Game 4 and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Putting in Brossoit could rally the team. The Jets appear defeated, and their season may be over as early as Tuesday if drastic changes are not made. What better way to bring the team together, than to change the goalkeeper. In addition, Brossoit is 15-5-2, with a 2.00 GAA and 0.927 saving percentage. Not to mention he was 5-2 for Vegas, and helped them win the Stanley Cup last year.

However, an argument can be made that you stick to the one that brought you to the dance. Helly is probably going to take home his second Vezina trophy, and has played spectular, and can still turn things around. However, he looks shell shocked, and has allowed 15 goals in 3 games. He may need a game to rest from being mentally rattled.

What says you?

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Team is hemorrhaging chances. Our goalie needs to be better but pulling him in the playoffs the season before his monster long term deal kicks in is probably not in the long term interest.

Reactions: Ggg99

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Sitting your best player is bush league stuff. Poor guy is going to have PTSD playing behind this group. If this team needs to sit a Vezina caliber goaltender to "shake" them up, they have character, skill and/or coaching issues.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You should bench Toffoli and put in Perfetti. I have also not been impressed by Monohan. He can go to mtl for all I care.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Gotta go with Vezina (hope) Helly.

sword.gif

Reactions: Aggie204

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
In: AJF, Perfetti, Miller
Out: Pionk, Gus, Appleton

Agree that that's a stronger lineup.

Not sure it happens.

Coach has his plan and his guys. He's gonna play 'em.

"Trust" over upside.

As others have said -- ride or die.

Reactions: Jet

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Helley.

This may surprise some folks but I don't see how you can not start him. Why destroy his confidence? We've hitched our wagon to him. Ride or die. We haven't built our team and cap structure around Bro, we did Helley. He has to solve this. Period.
100% agree. He is a core piece of the team. You want to mess with his confidence, not starting him for a major do or die game is the perfect way to do it. I'm not saying he shouldn't get yanked if there's a noticeably shaky start, but a hard no to starting Brossoit.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
The time for sending messages and 'waking the team up' was regular season. At this point you need to, quote, ride or die with guys like Helle and Ehlers. They are lynchpins and like it or not we just need them to show up.

Imagine if we play LB and lose, then the series is basically over and you'll never know if Helle could have won you that game.

Anyway, to me, Miller for Pionk would go a long way... a lot of our problems seem to be stemming from not having three solid pairs to rely on. Schmidt in with Samberg made a huge difference already imo, but Pionk has been struggling so much and causing a lot of chaos.

Also think you just need to find a way to get Perfetti in. It's likely not the difference between winning and losing, but no single decision is (except maybe benching Helle). You just can't leave things on the table in playoffs and Perfetti is reflective of a level of control, discipline and scoring touch that I think we're really missing and he absolutely would help the team, even if he does line up on the 4th (would prefer him with Ehlers to give Ehlers a bit of a more stable presence, as that 2nd line just hasn't worked).

Alas...

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Hellebuyck hasn't been his usual self but the Jets defence has been San Jose level bad.
I’d go with Helle and hope like heck Vezina Helle has “stand on his head” performances here on out for his team. (Although if Jets can find a way to replicate their 7-0 beat down of the Avs the Jets wouldn’t need Vezina Helle.)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
You don't want to experiment when the season is on the line...
The season was pretty much over unless the Jets did something drastic, to make a defeated team get their second wind. Calling up Jonsson-Fjallby is not "drastic."

The Jets were going to lose with Hellebuyck in net, and they got destroyed, We will never know how well they would have done with Brossoit, but it could not possibly have been worse. Now they are down 3-1, and barring divine intervention, the Jets season is over Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad