Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs. Capitals 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
What Bobby Mac said earlier in the season is that the pens could leave Malkin on the wing[/B] and trade for a 3rd line center rather then trading for a top 6 winger.

That would just be stupid. Sutter isn't a 2C. He can't create like Malkin does, and he damn sure can't assist his wings like Malkin.

Sutter is a fine defensive 3C. But he has no business centering 2 over Malkin. What a waste using Malkin as a wing.

This better be a showcase to other teams for a possible Sutter trade.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What Bobby Mac said earlier in the season is that the pens could leave Malkin on the wing and trade for a 3rd line center rather then trading for a top 6 winger.

Let's hope Bobby Mac had a rare miss there, because that would be amazingly stupid.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Let's hope Bobby Mac had a rare miss there, because that would be amazingly stupid.

That would be odd. I would think Sundqvist would at least be a contender for 3C duties next year, why waste assets acquiring a 3C, rental or not, when you already have 3 of them in the lineup. (Sutter, Goc, Spaling) Unless you get an absolute steal on someone like Berglund or Stoll or maybe Kadri, it just doesn't make sense.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So my question at this point is do you guys think that the organization has said Adams is injured as a way to not have to play him anymore? There have not really been updates so I'm wondering if the team has finally figured out that he isn't worth playing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I hope Harrington remains with Letang, he earned it. He should be glued to Tanger until Maatta comes back. Won't happen but it should, IMO.

maybe even beyond. Keep him there til Maatta comes back, if that pair continues to play at a high level, then you can feel even more at east moving Martin and Scuderi

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Nope

Letang-Martin
Despres-Scuderi/Ehrhoff
Ehrhoff/Scuderi-Maatta

Something like that I would guess.

When everyone was healthy, Despres was with Scuderi. Not sure why that would change now. Scuderi needs a babysitter unfortunately.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I have no problem with Malkin playing wing, as it's more taxing to play pivot. It's more about the fact that Malkin and Sutter just have no chemistry together.

There really isn't anyone with any skill left to play with Malkin now that Comeau is down, so Sutter makes sense in a vacuum.

Pretty much. Sutter can finish, but needs someone to pass. Malkin can pass, but there's not much in terms of finish on the wings.

Not much chemistry, but there's so many guys out, there's no sense in worrying about this.

penguins2946*

I'm hoping they move Martin and run with this when healthy:

Harrington-Letang
Maatta-Ehrhoff
Scuderi-Despres

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Devil's Advocate:

I don't like Malkin on the wing either, but I wonder if this move is as much about seeing how the team would fare if Sutter were moved for a winger and Goc became our 3C.

Haven't we seen it enough times already this season, though? If anything, it's to showcase Sutter for a trade. Which I highly doubt, considering how much the coach is in love with #16.

Brandon Sutter seems to be the guy everybody in the organization wants playing behind Sidney Crosby.

This feels like Groundhog Day, because it feels like yesterday we were having the same arguments re: Jordan Staal.

History repeated. Sad.

Absolutely. Those two have looked fantastic together.

Gee, who knew that could work! I mean, a guy who thinks offense first and a guy who thinks defense first can actually mesh together? Wow, I would have never thought.

Bring back the 70's!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We've seen morning skates like this before and then everything changes. We have to give MJ the benefit of the doubt right now, guys.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We've seen morning skates like this before and then everything changes. We have to give MJ the benefit of the doubt right now, guys.

Not when it comes to Malkin playing LW with Sutter. We've seen that movie before too many times already this season. And it's a bad movie. Like Ishtar bad.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
That's the thing, not only are you moving one of the best centers in the league to wing your also killing your 3rd line by moving Sutter to the 2nd line, Goc has shown hes pretty much useless as far as creating any type of offense on that 3rd line.

Not sure Goc has really had a legitimate chance though, with Downie, Bennett, and Comeau out he's sort of been set up to fail at 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino