GDT: Penguins visit the Canes - 7PM

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd give Meszaros a phone call and say "sup bud? we're gonna wait and see what drops on the waiver wire Monday but we may need your services. k bud. talk later."

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
I'd give Meszaros a phone call and say "sup bud? we're gonna wait and see what drops on the waiver wire Monday but we may need your services. k bud. talk later."
It might come to bringing in players like Meszaros and Visnovsky, which is just insane.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Kunitz has been fine tonight.

I'm impressed with Kessel along the wall though. Wins a fair amount of battles.

Outside of Scuderi, I thought everyone was fine. If there's complaining about anyone else, people are complaining just to complain. There's not actually much of anything to nitpick besides, like, a single stupid cross ice pass by 87.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Sprong's playing better than any first year wing I can remember in this uniform other than Jagr. He just finished an Olli Maatta style camp at forward. I don't know how you send him home looking like he looks. In terms of wings who had a better camp, the list begins and ends with Kessel.

Also, I'm about 60% certain he faked a knee injury to try to buy a major.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
On the plus side, the Plots-Malkin-Hornqvist line looks good, and splitting Sid and Geno on the PP could work if MJ could do the seemingly impossible and get his head out of his ass when it comes to who should be out there.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
“He’s a difference-maker in the game. He goes out on the ice to make a difference. Some guys play the game; he makes a difference.â€

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
My final roster:

Kunitz/Perron-Sid-Kessel
Plots-Geno-Horny
Perron/Kunitz-Bonino-Sprong/Bennett
Dupuis-Cullen-Bennett/Sprong
Porter

Maata-Letang
Domoulin-Cole
Scuderi-LJ
Warsofsky-Clendening

MAF
Zatkoff

LTIR = Fehr

Cuts:
Dea, Kuhnackl, Farnham, Rust
Erixon, Pouliot, Gonchar

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
My final roster:

Kunitz/Perron-Sid-Kessel
Plots-Geno-Horny
Rust/Porter-Cullen-Bennett/Sprong
Porter/Rust

Maata-Letang
Domoulin-Cole
Scuderi-LJ
Warsofsky-Clendening

MAF
Zatkoff

Cuts:
Dea, Kuhnackl, Farnham
Erixon, Pouliot, Gonchar
Dupuis?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Heh. hold on. Editing.
Kept Porter cuz Cullen shouldn't be playing back to backs while Fehr is out so kept the elder center instead of Rust.

And depending what drops on the waiver wire, i'd pick up another D-Man (either a waiver pickup or a Meszaros) and send Warsofsky through waivers.

Last edited:

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
My final roster:

Kunitz/Perron-Sid-Kessel
Plots-Geno-Horny
Dupuis-Cullen-Bennett/Sprong
Porter

Maata-Letang
Domoulin-Cole
Scuderi-LJ
Warsofsky-Clendening

MAF
Zatkoff

LTIR = Fehr

Cuts:
Dea, Kuhnackl, Farnham, Rust
Erixon, Pouliot, Gonchar

Is there anyway to politely call someone a troll?

That Scuderi-LJ pairing pushes it beyond believability.

There can't be someone with eyes or ears and a brain that thinks that pairing is a good idea especially in Johnston's system, right?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Is there anyway to politely call someone a troll?

That Scuderi-LJ pairing pushes it beyond believability.

Pairings aren't set in stone.
Just the 8 D i'd keep up.
If Scuds can be sent down, i'd do it.
Pens won't though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Mannnn... don't care much about the game. I figured Sprong blew out his knee for sure and was going to buy a shrimping boat with Esposito. It's the Pens so why not.

No matter what adventures lie ahead and this org frustrating decision making, for the next nine games we should get to see Kessel/Crosby followed by Malkin followed by Sprong followed by no Adams.

Couple quick notes on the game....

Maatta and Clendening read each other very well. Something to keep an eye on...

Dumo can be a top four guy when he finds the consistency to play like that every night.

I still have no clue how Plotnikov looks carrying the puck.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Mannnn... don't care much about the game. I figured Sprong blew out his knee for sure and was going to buy a shrimping boat with Esposito. It's the Pens so why not.

No matter what adventures lie ahead and this org frustrating decision making, for the next nine games we should get to see Kessel/Crosby followe by Malkin followed by Sprong followed by no Adams.

Couple quick notes on the game....

Maatta and Clendening read each other very well. Something to keep an eye on...

Dumo can be a top four guy when he finds the consistency to play like that every night.

I still have no clue how Plotnikov looks carrying the puck.

Maatta and Clendening weren't a pair tonight.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Drew an interference penalty tonight by just dumping the puck once he entered the zone and going straight at the defender.

He had a couple wander off his stick too.

Better than Dupuis/current Kunitz, but not as comfortable as Hornqvist is my current scale.

I didn't picture you a Harry Potter fan.

Depends on what you mean by fan, I enjoyed the first couple of books and finished the series because I like completing things.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Drew an interference penalty tonight by just dumping the puck once he entered the zone and going straight at the defender.

Ya but I'm saying actually holding the puck and driving the net, buying time, dancing guys, toe dragging, forehand edging, etc.

I literally have no idea if he can stick handle well or not yet.

Maatta and Clendening weren't a pair tonight.

Ya, Maatta was blessed with Scuds.

They had 3-4 shifts together. I'm assuming MJ was taking another look at them again. At least I'm hoping that's why they were thrown out together.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Plotnikov aint dancing anybody. Hes a straight line player.

Sprong has made a forward expendable on this roster if he keeps this up in a nine game stint.

jdpitt05

Jan 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
For someone who couldnt watch tonight, what were the d pairings and how did they look? I thought i saw Cole-Letang were going to be together, intrigued to see how they looked.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Outside of Scuderi, I thought everyone was fine. If there's complaining about anyone else, people are complaining just to complain. There's not actually much of anything to nitpick besides, like, a single stupid cross ice pass by 87.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Sprong's playing better than any first year wing I can remember in this uniform other than Jagr. He just finished an Olli Maatta style camp at forward. I don't know how you send him home looking like he looks. In terms of wings who had a better camp, the list begins and ends with Kessel.

Yeah Sprong looks ready. And hes not playing a position nearly as difficult as Maatta's.

I hope they see him as a top 9 guy if they keep him. He could help the top 6 once Plot or Kunitz struggle.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
For someone who couldnt watch tonight, what were the d pairings and how did they look? I thought i saw Cole-Letang were going to be together, intrigued to see how they looked.

It was fine. Everyone on d was fine with the exception of Scuderi, and Scuds had his best game.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Plotnikov aint dancing anybody. Hes a straight line player.

Sprong has made a forward expendable on this roster if he keeps this up in a nine game stint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Sprong looks ready. And hes not playing a position nearly as difficult as Maatta's.

I hope they see him as a top 9 guy if they keep him. He could help the top 6 once Plot or Kunitz struggle.

But we know it won't be him..

Edit: gay idk why this post looks so awful

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot