Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Line 4

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Expecting a win. Hear me out. The game is on the NHL Network and some of us don’t have access and won’t be able to watch. Therefore, it will be something wonderful and unexpected. Yinz is lucky if you get to see this game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d like an informal poll:
If they lose tonight looking as bad as they did against Tampa, is Sullivan fired?

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I’d like an informal poll:
If they lose tonight looking as bad as they did against Tampa, is Sullivan fired?
As opposed to the formal, binding polls normally run on this site?

-"Hey man, did you take the new poll?"
-"What kind is it? Quinnipiac? Gallup? Zogby?"
-"Nah, it's an Andy poll."
-"I think I'll sit this one out. Too informal. I like my vote to count."

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
In general I agree with the sentiment that Puustinen will fall out of favor asap because he doesn’t play Sullivan’s version of “the right way.” But if Aurora is right, and I think he is, he’ll start on Malkin’s line where he had a point in his 1gp of NHL experience. So maybe there’s something to be hopeful about?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
TBL was a low point for the team and season. I don't see that magically turning around tonight. This will be yet another unmotivated, passionless, lackluster effort.

PP will go 0-4.

Florida will win with the following goals:
1. Nitty-gritty net front outmuscle the Penguins goal.
2. Breakway goal after a breakdown in coverage.
3. Powerplay goal.

Guessing we lose 3-1 at best.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hope Puustinen has the game of his life tonight.
An "average NHL team 'Game of his life'" or a "Penguins 'Game of his life'"

One involves scoring multiple goals and winning.

The other involves not getting demoted and surviving the game without an injury with the prospect of a 2nd game.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
So many vanilla ice cream sandwiches are called up from WBS simply because they play the "Sully way", which apparently means bringing nothing aside from an aversion to offense and an "ability" to kill penalties.

Here's a radical idea: Puustinen also happens to be a good player on special teams -- not *killing* the penalties but helping to score on them. I realize that the Pens obviously don't need any help on the PP these days since they're doing so wonderfully, but if Sully can instantly plug in a guy on the PK then why can't he plug in a guy for the PP who has scored 18 of his 49 career AHL goals on the power play?

Clearly the Pens don't practice power plays at all, so Puustinen's lack of that won't have any detrimental effect.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
An "average NHL team 'Game of his life'" or a "Penguins 'Game of his life'"

One involves scoring multiple goals and winning.

The other involves not getting demoted and surviving the game without an injury with the prospect of a 2nd game.
Penguins Game of his Life under Sullivan would be playing with energy, making hits in the bottom six, blocking shots on the PK and missing the net and chest sniping any time he’s in the O zone….that would get him at least a second game and 8 min a night

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
So how many more games until the Pens score a power play goal?

I always cheer for wins until we suck eventually.

A bit of me wants to break the record of most consecutive power plays not scoring though.
I figure if that happens maybe they do something about the power play which results in goals and more scoring .

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I always cheer for wins until we suck eventually.

A bit of me wants to break the record of most consecutive power plays not scoring though.
I figure if that happens maybe they do something about the power play which results in goals and more scoring .
Here is the record:

The New York Rangers (USA) went 36 consecutive power play chances without a goal during the 2013–14 postseason. During those playoffs, the Rangers failed to score a goal by way of the power play for 10 games in a row, which is also a record.

That is the playoffs though. I do not have the regular season record. I heard somewhere that it was 59 chances or so, but cannot back it up.

The Pens are getting close.

Then the Pens went 0 for 4 against TB.

So, now 31 PP opportunities in a row and coming up empty on all of them. They could theoretically break the NHL all-time record tonight.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Penguins Game of his Life under Sullivan would be playing with energy, making hits in the bottom six, blocking shots on the PK and missing the net and chest sniping any time he’s in the O zone….that would get him at least a second game and 8 min a night
I would say rather "and after the game, getting the explanation of why they are sending you down instead of just sending you down".

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad