GDT: Penguins v Laughs @ The Paint Pot - 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah? That’s what I meant. Sheary came into the nhl under Sullivan, was sent back to WBS and called up again later. He struggled after a hot start but it’s similar to Guentzel and maybe Wilson. And Murray but that involved injuries to Fleury.

Oh sorry, I read that as in "Sheary and Rust had 20 games of NHL experience", I just read that wrong. But even then, Sheary was sent down for like 2 weeks and then was called back up, it's not like he was sent back down for a long time. I wouldn't even count that as significant, he had 11 points in 6 games while down and was immediately recalled.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nice Mario piece on Hockey Night in Canada but ****ing hell, don't his Daughters count! No wonder Women's hockey sucks so much when you have high profile people pushing their Sons but not Daughters

*rant over*

Go Pens

I'm old enough to remember Mario's return. Still get jitters seeing the 66 light up on the Igloo.

Side note for trade buffs . . .

There were two deals Craig Patrick could've made that year but didn't. First one, he gave Ivan Hlinka a choice of rental defensemen, Frantisek Kucera or Phil Housley. Hlinka chose Kucera. Two, Patrick offered Hrdina and Kasparitis for Keith Tkachuk. Phoenix passed. Wanted Milan Kraft instead of Hrdina.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That was a dumpster fire of a d-zone for the Pens.

Jarry does need to track that a tad better. That wasn't that hard of a puck.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Good start, Pens. Very aware.

Oh sorry, I read that as in "Sheary and Rust had 20 games of NHL experience", I just read that wrong. But even then, Sheary was sent down for like 2 weeks and then was called back up, it's not like he was sent back down for a long time. I wouldn't even count that as significant, he had 11 points in 6 games while down and was immediately recalled.

I never said he was, but Sullivan's history shows a tendency to send these young players back down before a final callup. Simon probably won’t be any different.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Okay, we officially are going to get our asses kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad